Another one gone too soon

maimie

Very saddened by this news. A real gentleman of great humour and character. When I first deployed to Afghanistan he wrote and held my will entirely free of charge and had been my solicitor ever since never once willing to take a penny for his services. I saw him not two weeks ago and having taken ten minutes to conduct the business we needed to he proceeded to spend almost an hour of his clearly busy day chatting to me about a variety of subjects, he was a credit to his profession and an absolute gentleman. A true loss to the city of Inverness.

• Agree 2

Sorry Maimie and all, I never spotted the initial thread and posted my own.

I hope someone at the club will be able to mention a little more about Iain being a true supporter, not my place to do so. 

We received this in our support area if anyone wants to contact the journo in question. I would not normally post this, but it does sound like a genuine, positive tribute rather than the typical hack job: 

Hello,
My name is Allister Thomas, I'm a journalist from the NorthScot Press Agency in Aberdeen. We're currently writing a tribute piece about Iain Innes - a solicitor from Inverness and an avid fan of the club. I was wondering if there are any of your members that knew him and would be happy to say a few words for the article? I was also wondering if you have any pictures of him we could use for the piece? 

My number is 07971 991362
Thank you,
allister@swns.com

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me by someone who knew him well (but not his family) that perhaps "comments about him and photo's should be a decision for his family rather than fellow supporters" and maybe "his partner and children would prefer things lower profile". I will leave the journo details up, but happy to remove them if users or anyone else who knew him well thinks it appropriate. We are also happy to keep this thread pinned for more discreet CTO tributes to Iain from fellow fans. As I did not know Iain personally and dont have any pictures that I am aware of, there will be no response to the request from the journalist from CTO.