Celtic -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

A familiar story from an ICT-in-recent-months point of view. Plenty of possession and 'patient' passing from the back until we got to about 30 yards out, then no-one able to change up the pace and take on the Celtic defenders directly. Consequently, we presented very little real threat, and Celtic just strolled through it. They passed up several opportunities that were far more clear-cut than anything we managed before they finally opened the scoring, and after Doran missed the penalty we were just taken apart.

Last time we were heavily defeated at Celtic Park, our next game was against Dundee United at home and we were hammered; unfortunately I can see the same thing happening again, as we just can't seem to put opponents onto the back foot for any sustained period and we can't cope with faster and more creative teams once they click into gear. The only players we have who seem prepared to run directly at opponents are Marley Watkins and Ryan Christie, and I think both need to start next week if we are going to cause United any real problems.

Guest Mahonio

Another reason to wield axe then because we NEED new signings.

Its all stacking against John just now, get these shoes ready!!

embarrassing scoreline expected to get beat but not to this extent - he must bring in players in the summer if he has let 3 go they need to be replaced with a centre forward top of the list Billy needs help/ competition

Embarrassing day, cant see us getting another point this season.

If we keep this up we will be joint favorites for relegation next season, with Hibs, if they survive this season

If Hibs survive Butcher will improve them next season. I am seriously trying to identify two clubs who are likely to be below as next season. I think County will do better than us and also  Dundee under their progressive young manager. Maybe Kilmarnock and St Mirren will save our bacon.

Dundee have a progressive young manager? They sack Hartley?!

Seems the only team Hughes is able to still beat is Ross County.

Not happy with this performance at all. You go to Celtic park to fight. One think you should never do is roll over. That is never acceptable. Yes Celtic are capbale of doing over anyone in this league but it's not something that should happen twice like that 11 in 2 games.

And Yogi seems happy with it. FFS And he doesn't want to add player either?!

This seasons over for me. Concentrating on the real league down south now

February 1985 - Celtic 6 Inverness Thistle 0

April 2014 - Celtic 6 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0

Looks like that wasn't a bad result back in the old days ;-)

I have to say Utd beating Motherwell 5-1 was a bigger shock but still didn't expect us to leak six. Ah well three more games to turn things around....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

February 1985 - Celtic 6 Inverness Thistle 0

April 2014 - Celtic 6 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0

Looks like that wasn't a bad result back in the old days ;-)

I have to say Utd beating Motherwell 5-1 was a bigger shock but still didn't expect us to leak six. Ah well three more games to turn things around....

Was that really 29 yrs ago seems like yesterday. 1st visit to parkhead and Celtic had a really good team mo Johnston Danny mcgrain etc. maybe thistle should have gone it on their own seems like the caley mob are holding them back ;)
  • Agree 2

I see Neil Lennon was directly quoted as saying after Sunday that he thought it Celtic's best display of the season. Their engine of Scott Bown and Commons (both internationals) had a great day when you could see how they got to be so valued by Gordon Strachan. Up front, they were stunning. Any (and I mean any) team in Scotland would have been hammered by them on Sunday. Dundee United, for all their talent, don't have the same presence or skill level and will not bring the same threat. Cifci is capable and Armstrong is very skilled but they are liable to blow hot and cold and they have all season. So no correlation, post #60.

Jagster #61

I can only laugh! Maybe Thistle should have gone on their own - but as they were nearly bust it would have been in the North Juniors. :amazed::crazy: :crazy: Be happy that you had the Caley to fall back on.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

Seen the highlights on BBC website... can't help thinking Brill should have done better with goals 2,4 and 6...but that said he seemed to keep the score down with other saves..... we looked way too open, and probably need to think about 'Parking a bus' or two against this lot next year.... we also need a forward up front with Billy who can 'bully' their defenders

Jagster #61

I can only laugh! Maybe Thistle should have gone on their own - but as they were nearly bust it would have been in the North Juniors. :amazed::crazy: :crazy: Be happy that you had the Caley to fall back on.

:fishing:   :wave:  :lol:

• Agree 1