Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

Happy with the point. After hearing the line ups thought we were going to get pumped again with that make shift back four but they proved me wrong. Carl was super at CB he was getting stuck in all over the pitch. Hopefully Christie will start the last two games of the season. He should have being more involed with the team through out the season. As Andy Gray would say "PURE CLASS". I'm getting use to the passing game but the only down thing about it is that we are passing it out of our box when the other team is on the attack some times i wish they would just punt it up the field and get rid of it.

MoTM: Carl Tremarco

Happy with the point. After hearing the line ups thought we were going to get pumped again with that make shift back four but they proved me wrong. Carl was super at CB he was getting stuck in all over the pitch. Hopefully Christie will start the last two games of the season. He should have being more involed with the team through out the season. As Andy Gray would say "PURE CLASS". I'm getting use to the passing game but the only down thing about it is that we are passing it out of our box when the other team is on the attack some times i wish they would just punt it up the field and get rid of it.

MoTM: Carl Tremarco

Have to agree. Tremarco isn't the tallest guy in the team but he looked very comfortable at centre back.

A game of football broke out in the last ten mins, three freekicks in the opposition half end up back passed to Brill united freekicks from same area fired into the box. A lot of very negative stuff,  we are a better team than the stuff thats being served  up at the moment, think that is reflected in the attendance at the moment.

Better than of late but still not nearly quick and incisive enough going forward. An acceptable point and another point between ourselves and St Johnstone in the battle for fifth and the extra place money that goes with it.

Better than of late but still not nearly quick and incisive enough going forward. An acceptable point and another point between ourselves and St Johnstone in the battle for fifth and the extra place money that goes with it.

Definitely a marked improvement on the 0-5 game! Particularly with a 'weakened' team.

How much, roughly is the prize money between 5th and 6th? A figure of approx. £80,000 seems to come to mind.

Definitely a marked improvement on the 0-5 game! Particularly with a 'weakened' team.

How much, roughly is the prize money between 5th and 6th? A figure of approx. £80,000 seems to come to mind.

Think that's approximately right.

Thought crowd was okay actually, only a couple of hundred Dundee United fans soooo...

Danny Williams and Carl Tremarco stood out for me.

Tansey and Draper solid in midfield.

Ref useless - how was their goal not a foul on Brill?

• Agree 1

Some feedback I got from the game:

1) we were good first half

2) second half we were very poor

3) lessons still not learned re Brill's ability in clearing a ball from foot

4) referee was poor

5) Ciftci is a poor man's Suarez when it comes to his ability to stay on his feet

6) no plan B

Thought the defence had a good game considering how make-shift it was. Thought Tremarco had a great game at centre-back, and Williams was looking to get forward from full-back at every opportunity which gave us a more positive outlook. Still too much passing, particularly sideways, and yet again we gave Brill the ball and an opponent at the same time. But a point with a make-shift defence and a useless ref isn't so bad.

Thought the referee was  terrible. Where do they get these people from? United's goal looked like a push on Brill, and Christie had his heel was clipped as he was about to shoot in the second half, pretty good shout for a penalty, and hint of a red-card as Christie only had the keeper to beat. Ref, who was in a good position actually looked to the linesman and then waved play on. Coward!

The way the officials bought the Uniited play-acting was pretty poor too. What was the keeper rolling about all about? And never having seen him in the flesh before, I never realised how p!sh Ciftci actually was.

Some feedback I got from the game:

1) we were good first half

2) second half we were very poor

3) lessons still not learned re Brill's ability in clearing a ball from foot

4) referee was poor

5) Ciftci is a poor man's Suarez when it comes to his ability to stay on his feet

6) no plan B

1) Fair point

2) Bit harsh, but we could have been better

3) You'd think we'd learn, but I thought he did OK. Defenders need to stop giving him ball and man passes

4) Too kind. Clueless, useless and shight are better words

5) No. He's gash

6) Fair point

• Agree 2

Any idea why the big changes?

Injury and illness is the official line Rumour has it Warren and Meekings have finally given up on the tippy tappy passing across the back that Hughes keeps asking them to play. Plus they were at the heart if the defence that shipped 6 goals last week.

The team today impressed in the first half especially when moving the ball forward at pace. Unfortunately they were pinned back for long spells in the second. Happy with the point despite chances to win.

Any idea why the big changes?

Injury and illness is the official line Rumour has it Warren and Meekings have finally given up on the tippy tappy passing across the back that Hughes keeps asking them to play. Plus they were at the heart if the defence that shipped 6 goals last week.

The team today impressed in the first half especially when moving the ball forward at pace. Unfortunately they were pinned back for long spells in the second. Happy with the point despite chances to win.

Don't know about Josh but Warren has tweeked a hamstring! Source btw is the horses mouth!

• Agree 3

Rumour has it Warren and Meekings have finally given up on the tippy tappy passing across the back that Hughes keeps asking them to play. Plus they were at the heart if the defence that shipped 6 goals last week

Tremarco didn't get involved in that tippy-tappy nonsense today, though. Was impressed with the fact that he looked to feed Williams, and if that wasn't on, he got the ball forward - i.e. as far from our goal as possible.

• Agree 2

We were very definitely 2nd best against a pretty lacklustre Utd side.  Makeshift defence did well but it was dull, dull stuff.  Free kicks in the opponent's half being played backward.  Loads of sideways and backward passing and little penetration.  Only 2 efforts on target.  This slow passing build up allows opponents to get back  in numbers and have a wee rest as we pass the ball sideways and back in the hope of finding a way forward.  There is precious little goalmouth action, few chances are created and undue pressure is placed on the back four and the keeper. 

It's football Jim, but not as we know it.

We were most certainly not second best. It was an equal game, as the scoreline shows. Neither was it dull, unless your thing is watching sides lump the ball up the park. it's not mine. Pressure was created when United brought on El Alagui to go a very tall three up front and they got back in with a goal that I would really like to see again, although it might just be down to the lack of height. Midfield coped well, and Danny Williams was stand out for me, in an unfamiliar position. For what its worth, neither Meekings or Warren have "had enough", merely injury and illness that has intervened. My arab contact reckoned that draper was mightily effective and christie impressive in a system that he reckoned was very close to that played by United.

My name ain't Jim, but it's definitely football.

• Agree 3

Williams excellent in first half. Christie excellent for an hour. Brill suspect at times. Devine good game. United much the better team in second half, they had a real go by shoving on extra forwards early. Nick Ross must be out of favour if he could only get on for Watkins (who was poor in second half) very late.

Ref rubbish, Crowd very good, over 3000 home fans for an end of season match is good.

The big success of the day was the playing of Iain Innes's favourite songs at half time, a very decent touch for a very decent bloke, RIP

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

I have been critical of Hughes as have a few others on another thread which is getting boring imo but one thing John cannot be criticised for is giving Christie and Polworth time on pitch, these lads could well be future of Caley as could others but not sure on who got released so could someone kindly tell me what Youngsters, other than Polworth and Christie, have been signed for next season.

I would actually like the new signings to be youngsters as well tbh but not sure who will be available but John could maybe take a leaf from United who signed Andy Robertson from Queeens Park, anyone agree :ictscarf:?

I have been critical of Hughes as have a few others on another thread which is getting boring imo but one thing John cannot be criticised for is giving Christie and Polworth time on pitch, these lads could well be future of Caley as could others but not sure on who got released so could someone kindly tell me what Youngsters, other than Polworth and Christie, have been signed for next season.

I would actually like the new signings to be youngsters as well tbh but not sure who will be available but John could maybe take a leaf from United who signed Andy Robertson from Queeens Park, anyone agree :ictscarf:?

Totally agree regarding the introduction of youth something that Butcher didn't seem to do with us. Ryan Christie is definitely the standard to play first team football. 

I was very impressed by Williams and Tremarco.  Like others were saying, we played well for the first 35 minutes or so and then lost our way.  Could still do a bit more forward passing and what about Tansey's cross-field ball in the build up to Christie's goal?  Outstanding.  Christie was decent, but I thought he looked shattered after about an hour and should have made way for Ross.

Oh yes and that referee - what an eejit!

• Agree 2

Agree that we were second best for at least two thirds of the game and fortunate to get a point but the fact is we did get a point against an in form team who romped to victory over a very strong Motherwell side last week and we were a great deal better than last week.

Given that the target now has to be to keep St Johnstone at bay, we did enough to do that.

Yes.  Yes, I do.  Let's sign Robertson from Queeens (sic) Park!    :notworthy:    :tongueincheek:

Edited by ilpadrino

I would ask Renegade and Kingsmills to have the 'balls' to give their names on this web site as they seem to have negative posts on almost everything. Renegade thinks Christie should have been subbed after an hour because of fatigue??? can he please tell me what Watkins or Dorran contributed in the match or does he think their contribution to the team was acceptable?   

Having watched the game I thought the team did very well considering we had 4/5 first team regulars out! Unfortunately the consensus on this site seems to lean towards the negative aspects of the game - definitely not a positive but certainly the easier way to go. There was certainly signs of Hughes' new methods taking shape especially first half and Williams, Tansey and Christie did very well. Sadly Doofers Dad, Renegade, Kingsmills etc. will thrive on the negatives and have a field day that we didn't beat a team that pay over twice our average salary and have over twice the number of season ticket holders than ICT enjoy? But moaners will be moaners!       

• Agree 2