Motherwell -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

I have just watched the game on Alba. I have not seen or watched a game fer weeks and I was expecting to come on here in a mega-critical manner. To me - that was encouraging :ohmy: - I thought that we edged the first half. We gave them two truly AWFUL goals - what the feck was Draper thinking. If you go 1-0 down early doors away to anybody it is an uphill struggle. 2-0 and you are fecked. And what the feck was Gary Warren feckin doing fer the second - that was a clearance by foot and he practically stumbled. I will head to the critique later but with a little rub of the green in the first half and a more precise final ball we could have been level at least. I did not see aimless possession in her own half - I saw patient build up most of the time against a very defence orientated Well side. At times I actually thought that we resorted to aimless hoofs too often :blink:

We totally bossed the second half and the Mckay miss in added on time just summed up the nite. We could have won 6 or 7 - 2 fer fecks sake. We fought till the dying whistle and ya could see the togetherness and the spirit - encouraging to moi in itself.

So let me be critical from a wholly personal persepective

BRILL :sad: Simply does not float my boat. Is not commanding enuff and still feels like he could make mistakes on a regular basis. Plus he is too slow and too erratic in his distribution.

RAVEN :smile: :smile: :smile:  I don't think that he is 100% fit but he is a solid defender and can be a fairly accomplished wing back going forward

TREMARCO :sad: A temporary cover fer me. A solid, rugged and reliable enuff defender but clueless going forward at the SPL level. I am convinced that opposition coaches ignore him going forward and that can cost us.

DEVINE :smile:  :smile: Again a squad player and nowhere near the pace and positioning of Meekings. Pretty reliant on Warren.

WARREN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Being asked to take on too much responsibility and misses pace recovery alongside him.

DRAPER :smile: :smile: :smile: Again I like him but we need to decide what position he is more suited to. Pace wise he is a "hole in front of the defence" player but he appears to think himself of being an attacking midfielder.

TANSEY :smile: :smile: :smile: If he is the playmaker which he appears to be he should be played in a system around that and him

SHINNIE :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Best left sided wing back in Scotland fer me - and would be a shoe on cap if he played consistently in that position for a BIGGER team. If I was him I would move. if he chooses not to he is either that wing back or a left sided midfielder - not an emergency right back or a central midfielder

WATKINS :smile: :smile: :smile:  He played wide all the time and hugged the touchline. I think he suffers from the system but he will only get better

DORAN :smile: :smile: :ohmy: Some fine touches and suits a roving role but can we stop him roving round the pie shops during the day. So much potential yet so much disregard for his body.

Mckay :smile: :smile: :smile: Simply looks fecked and in need of a rest. But he will come good again but desperately needs support.

CHRISTIE :smile: :smile: :smile: Great prospect and brought life to the team and the game when he came on. Really need to decide where we play him. To me he is an Andy Shinnie type player BUT Mckay and Christie do not equate.

Tactically our defence was RIDICULOUSLY deep in the first half and you could have driven Terry Butchers ego through the middle in the first half. Now if Blobby Mann was in there we could play the cultured ball from the back BUT we do not have anything like a Blobby Mann. And we were far too square to boot. And the gap between defence and midfield in the first half was equally RIDICULOUS.

If Hughes is looking at Barcelona it is not the possession aspect to me but it appears to be the concept of "total football". It appeared to me that he was looking fer Tansey, Draper, Shinnie and Doran to interchange and cover each other - It simply did not and will not work- that takes real structure, talent and experience - we aint got that. Go fer a compact but higher up the pitch defence - put a Busquet in front of it - or even a Russell feckin Duncan (who cos I don't think none of them suit that) - then we need the Ian Black type in central midfield beside them (I don't think any of them are suited to that either) - and then we have the Rankin type (that is Tansey - or perhaps Christie) and then we have the Cowie type (and that could be Watkins). Then we have the front two. Personally I would prefer a more traditional centre forward (Brewster / Ritchie) with a Dargo (Mckay) in support.

Pretty accurate summing up although I'd have to disagree about Watkins. Decent enough player but a bit of the Ted McMinn about him...

Pretty accurate summing up although I'd have to disagree about Watkins. Decent enough player but a bit of the Ted McMinn about him...

Giving your age away there (unless there's a Ted McMinn video out there somewhere  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

I was at the match too and was reasonably satisfied with the progress being shown. I can cope with passing around at the back so long as there are no hospital passes and we keep possession with the view to eventually getting it forward.

In the second half we showed more urgency in going forward - I believe we pegged Motherwell back, not that they sat in.

The interesting perspective was overhearing the comments from the Motherwell fans on the way out - most of them were grumbling about their teams performance and quite a few of them came up to us and said we were unlucky not to at least get a draw and possibly merited a win.

• Agree 2

Have a look at IHE post and tell me that isn't abuse and, as usual, nothing is done about it. Calling me an arsehole IS abuse and I DEMAND that something done, it isn't 1st time that he has posted something abusive so a ban needs imposed imho!

You can "demand" as much as you like, but as you prefer to explode in public please tell everyone else how many times you have actually complained about a post in the normal manner that everyone else does ... ie by reporting it.

No? Its a simple answer. NONE. The last time you didn't complain, a mod actually spotted a comment and did it on your behalf. We removed the post and banned the other person from the thread.   

Mahonio--I suggested privately a very long time ago when you first came on here that you just take it easy and also gave you a couple of tips how to fit in and so forth.  But , no, you prefer to become increasingly agitated, very angry, vitriolic and frequently swearing and sometimes you just lose it altogether -seemingly because people disagree with you and suggest you post in another more reasoned way. It's not life and death it's only a game. Personally speaking, I would prefer that you do now take a break and calm down because I find your posting to be very disagreeable, upsetting and not appropriate. And I am now suffering from a severe case of fed-upism.

When you are so extreme and think almost everyone hates you this is simply over-the-top -ism. It's not just show-boating because I think you actually believe all the stuff you throw out in your continual rants.It's just over-reacting to mostly relatively honest comments which are made with no ill intent. And if you allow others to get under your skin to this extent then you may be about to have a heart attack or a burst blood vessel. For.what? As for the other folks . Just thank them often for their posts or say ..."OOPS" a lot instead. Thank you.

So you are going to let IHE get off, nice work, he is just going to post more abuse, how can he get away with that ffs and I don't keep my PMs, I delete them after reading them. I am actually disgusted at this action re IHE!!

Scarlet isn't letting anyone off. What do you expect him to do as a member of the site just like you? He is not a mod and cannot react to your demands for a ban. 

See, now your mocking me, how the hell can that be acceptable? You wonder why I feel hated, well you and IHE are prime examples of why I feel that way, it is ridiculous and still no action taken!  I used to repect and like IHE but now I am getting fed up of his abuse. As I said, being called an "arsehole" is abuse.

I ask again - How many times have you used the mechanism that has been in place on the site for nearly 20 years - regardless of which software we have used at the time - to make your complaint ? If the answer is "less than 1" then you do not have any cause for complaint.   

Why do you bother wasting your time with this lot -immortal continues to attack insult and bad mouth any poster who disagrees with him and gets away with it - diddy forum diddy moderators and a diddy club -that's all .

Really ? 

I am a fellow ersehole and not an ********** - We are all Gods erseholes but I have an excuse and a rationale fer being an ersehole and you do not. SIMPLES

You really are pathetic IMO

should we let you away with this in the same way as IHE ... after all he has not complained either (never does actually - he dishes it out and takes it in equal measure).

This kind of public meltdown does no one any favours. Mahonio, you aren't putting things across that well right now because you appear so emotional about it. It's time to step back a bit. You're entitled to your views and to challenge others, but not like this.

Nothing wrong with this post from Davie, but as you clearly have a specific opinion about those who own and/or operate this site from myself to the mods and to posters who have been around for the 20 years we have been in existence, then it seems fitting that the last word on your comments go to someone who is just a "normal" poster like yourself. 

I am going to make a final comment on this thread about the "abuse" and "topic hijacking" that seems to becoming prevalent from a number of posters on multiple threads. It is directed at no-one in particular and everyone in general

I am sick of it and I dont have time or inclination to be a babysitter to grown adults (or near adults in some cases) who cant or wont behave when they get behind a keyboard. My 9 month old kid is better behaved than this. My tolerance level for all the bullshit being displayed in the recent weeks is now close to zero and as we approach the 'silly season' with no games and (traditionally) much more antagonism shown, I will be asking the moderators to deal with people who drag threads away from the topic in question for their own petty squabbles.

• If you hijack a topic - you are going to get banned from it. simple. Topic "drift" is inevitable, but hijacking. not acceptable.
  • If you hijack multiple topics - you are going to get "post moderation". simple
  • If you get reinstated and go back to the old behaviour - you are gone from the site. simple.
  • If you "abuse" other posters and we receive and uphold a complaint you will get warning points appropriate to the incident. This may include banning from threads or post moderation. 
  • If you repeat the same behaviour and we receive and uphold more complaints you may end up banned (permanent).
  • if you cause the operators of the site too much work for no good reason you may end up banned (permanent).  

Banning is our last resort and contrary to popular belief of some we don't do a lot of it. We will remove or restrict privileges on accounts first and only ban as a last resort. I don't have the time to mollycoddle sensitive souls or act as some sort of counsellor. Cause us grief or waste our time and you are gone. All the users on this site and the volunteers who act as mods have far more important things to occupy thier time than the current level of bullshit.

• Agree 4

I must say having watched the game again on ALBA after being at it last night i really feel our game in the second half improved a lot, you could see it in the players that they were wanting it so much they just we haven't quite perfected it yet but given time it should work out really well. What does frustrate me is we seem to do really well in one half but can't do it in the other half, look at last night first half we were very poor second half we dominated, then on saturday there against United first half we played brilliantly but second we just flopped, it was the same circumstances against celtic, i'm not sure why we can only play really well one half then awful the other but it's still good we are creating these chances we just need to try and do it through-out the whole math not just one half. Last night the stats don't lie we had more shots  than motherwell, more possession and more corners just we didn't have that finishing touch we are missing cause Billy is on top form right now.

First half we, well we payed the price for giving away a sloppy penalty and we were in the back foot for the rest of the first half but in the second it was like a whole different match we dominated then all over the pitch and Willie Gollum actually gave us some 50-50's. If anyone thinks we deserve to lose or blames someone for the lose they you are talking out your arses cause it was not Yogi who scored the OG or give away a bad penalty. Give it up after pre-season all the Yogi Outer's will be gone cause we will be winning

What game were you watching or are you yogis cousin lol

I was at the  Motherwell vs ICT match which match were you at

Ayr v cowden

First half we, well we payed the price for giving away a sloppy penalty and we were in the back foot for the rest of the first half but in the second it was like a whole different match we dominated then all over the pitch and Willie Gollum actually gave us some 50-50's. If anyone thinks we deserve to lose or blames someone for the lose they you are talking out your arses cause it was not Yogi who scored the OG or give away a bad penalty. Give it up after pre-season all the Yogi Outer's will be gone cause we will be winning

What game were you watching or are you yogis cousin lol I was at the  Motherwell vs ICT match which match were you at

Ayr v cowden

Well there ya go, you didn't see the reactions of the players and how much they wanted it