Pre-season friendlies

caleydawson

Just had a look at the World Cup schedule - 2nd July is day after the last 16 knockout stage - no games! So...we've no excuse! (damn!)

It is such an early fixture though - I notice from the 'link' above that County are also playing Clach at Grant Street, but 3 weeks later!

Wed 2nd July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin

Sat 12th July - 3pm (Borough Briggs)...Elgin City

Wed 16th July - 7.30pm (Dudgeon Park)...Brora Rangers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 9th August - Season starts

Just had a look at the World Cup schedule - 2nd July is day after the last 16 knockout stage - no games! So...we've no excuse! (damn!)

It is such an early fixture though - I notice from the 'link' above that County are also playing Clach at Grant Street, but 3 weeks later!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something to look forward to imo. Need a footie fix already... 

• Agree 2

Not sure when the team re-groups for pre-season training but I can't help thinking of poor Billy McKay!

He played in every game last season and still has to go to South America with Northern Ireland! I'm sure he's buzzing about the trip with games against Chile and Uruguay - the adrenaline will get him through! With only 4 strikers going he's certainly going to get played at some point.

You'd imagine that Yogi would give him an extended break and join up later - he doesn't need to be playing pre-season games. Nothing to prove with us but Hughes, understandably might want to experiment with systems that include Billy.

But I hope he shows up well if given the chance. Some of the guys normally ahead of Billy in the 'pecking order' are injured, including Kyle Lafferty.

Interestingly, the 'other' 3 forwards travelling, for Northern Ireland are also Scottish-based. Niall McGinn, Dean Shiels and Josh Magennis (although he's now a free agent).

Latest addition - Deveronvale (away) Wed 23rd July, 7.30pm http://www.deveronvale.co.uk/clubnews.asp?DB=clubnews&sea=1314&cat=1#2023

Wed 23rd July - 7.30pm (Princess Royal Park)...Deveronvale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see The Rangers are coming north for a week-long pre-season 'training camp'! Not sure if they're staying in Inverness. Thankfully we're not playing them. I don't want anything to do with them until we have to play them. They've games lined up against Brora and Buckie. (appropriate!)

Then I read that they're jetting off to the USA and Canada for a 4 game tour! Are they not currently getting-by on loans? Or are they already dipping-in to season-ticket funds? And they wonder where their money goes. They just don't learn.

I see The Rangers are coming north for a week-long pre-season 'training camp'! Not sure if they're staying in Inverness. Thankfully we're not playing them. I don't want anything to do with them until we have to play them. They've games lined up against Brora and Buckie. (appropriate!)

Then I read that they're jetting off to the USA and Canada for a 4 game tour! Are they not currently getting-by on loans? Or are they already dipping-in to season-ticket funds? And they wonder where their money goes. They just don't learn.

From what I hear, they're spending the £400k+ they have received for hosting Commonwealth games events on the US tour

From what I hear, they're spending the £400k+ they have received for hosting Commonwealth games events on the US tour

What a waste... that money could be spent on a decent player because god knows they need one.

I still think hearts are going to walk all over them next season! :lol:

Edited by Ayeseetee

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be more added in the coming weeks. I think there are plans to have a couple of home friendlies. If Barry Wilson had still been at Wick, I'm sure we'd get a game up there - still could be an option!

Latest addition - Rothes (away) Sat 19th July, 1.00pm 

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes  (ICT U20’s)

Sat 19th July - 3.00pm (Stark’s Park)…Raith Rovers

No match v Wick this year :-(?

For the safety of the players I believe.  We were lucky for the squad to come home unscathed last year after an altercation with some red-dotted faced locals!