Summer transfer targets

Doofer

He was at the game today in full ICT track suit and coat. Walked in front of the away dugout at half time. Looks lean but not tall, but I still had my face covered after an embarrassing first half.

Sekajja agrees terms:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Sekajja-agrees-terms-with-Caley-Thistle-06102014.htm

CALEY Thistle have agreed terms with free-agent striker Ibra Sekajja after a trial with the club.

The Ugandan-born forward impressed manager John Hughes enough to earn a contract, subject to international clearance, which was still being awaited as the Inverness Courier went to press.

• Agree 2

I see DJ Campbell is now playing for my closest Conference South team, Maidenhead United, and has scored 3 in 3 games so far.  He was with Blackburn in the Championship last season, and it is only two or three  years since he was scoring regularly for Blackpool, in the Premiership.

Apparently he was, wrongly, accused of being involved in a 'spot fixing' scam at the start of 2014, but has recently been 'cleared' with no charges against him.  He was released by Blackburn two or three months ago, and was thinking of retiring, when he was approached by Maidenhead, whose manager used to manage him at Yeading ten years ago when he was a prolific scorer in non league football, before his 'overnight' success at the highest levels .

Might be worth keeping an eye on.

I see DJ Campbell is now playing for my closest Conference South team, Maidenhead United, and has scored 3 in 3 games so far.  He was with Blackburn in the Championship last season, and it is only two or three  years since he was scoring regularly for Blackpool, in the Premiership.

Apparently he was, wrongly, accused of being involved in a 'spot fixing' scam at the start of 2014, but has recently been 'cleared' with no charges against him.  He was released by Blackburn two or three months ago, and was thinking of retiring, when he was approached by Maidenhead, whose manager used to manage him at Yeading ten years ago when he was a prolific scorer in non league football, before his 'overnight' success at the highest levels .

Is Drax still in charge at Maidenhead Utd? I've not been to York Road this season but I usually take in a game or two. When you next planning a visit?

Is Drax still in charge at Maidenhead Utd? I've not been to York Road this season but I usually take in a game or two. When you next planning a visit?

Yes, Drax is still in charge there.  I think he has been close to the exit door a few times, but hangs on in there.   I haven't been there for 2 or 3 seasons, but if you have definite plans to go sometime this season I'd be happy to meet you there.  Drop me a PM nearer the time.

Yes, Drax is still in charge there.  I think he has been close to the exit door a few times, but hangs on in there.   I haven't been there for 2 or 3 seasons, but if you have definite plans to go sometime this season I'd be happy to meet you there.  Drop me a PM nearer the time.

Was going to suggest FA Cup fourth qualifying round but, assuming The Magpies beat Gosport, they will be away to Willard Rovers from the ninth-tier Western League Premier Division.

Hopefully they'll win both games and I'll see you down York Road for 1st Round Proper. Will PM you nearer the time.