Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Today's Inverness Courier reports that 2 strikers are set to arrive on trial next week, the report goes on to say that only one could be signed if they show up well

I've just looked at the 'Development League' fixtures and there is only ICT v Hamilton (next Tuesday) before the transfer window closes in a fortnight. I'd imagine they'd get a game there to see what they can do in a competitive environment - even if they're impressive in training, it would be foolish to commit without seeing them in an actual game.

There are instances where players can be signed outwith the transfer-window, of course. I don't know the exact stipulations but if these guys are without a club then it may be possible to sign one after the end of August.

Yeah the report suggests that they may well get game time in the game against Hamilton. Is this an evening kick off? Might try to make it along if so

No time stated yet on the SPFL website. I bet it's 2pm though! CaleyD mentioned on the Development League thread () about the distance-to-travel rule. (post #6).

Going by that Fly on the wall account on Twitter, one of them is a former England B player and the other is a 6'1 Nigerian. Not sure who the English one could be but I had a slight inclination that the Nigerian could be Enoch Showumni who was at Falkirk with Yogi but Showumni isn't 6'1 (according to his wiki page he's 6'5)

Technically he wasn't snapped up from Liverpool, they released him in May!  Remains to be seen how well he does up here - did OK at Hearts, at 21 he should still be improving and of course he's 6'6", BUT last season he only scored 1 goal from 20 appearances for Yeovil and Walsall.

If we took in Michael N'goo I would want Hughes sacked immediately! Imagine supporting a club where your 3 strikers are Michael N'goo, josh magennis and lee miller. I think instead of wasting our money on a panic buy we should offer better contracts to billy McKay and Graeme shinnie, there are players in our side who are more than capable of doing a job up front, for example Marley Watkins! I'd rather him up front instead of the garbage strikers that are being suggested on this, and why not give Calum ferguson a go, how else do you get experience? He scored the most out of all the players in pre season, and then some people on this are saying he is too similar to billy McKay and actually portraying it as a bad thing! You are nuts if you are saying you wouldn't take two billy mckay's!

• Agree 2

Remember how one of the trialists was seemingly Nigerian?  I saw a big tall guy with dreadlocks walking through the car park after the reserve game earlier.  Take it he's one of the trialists?

Remember how one of the trialists was seemingly Nigerian? I saw a big tall guy with dreadlocks walking through the car park after the reserve game earlier. Take it he's one of the trialists?

That's was the guy that I saw during the game. He is one of the trialists but not sure on his name. He was with another guy but not sure if he was his agent or is the other trialist.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Have I just not payed much attention as of late but whatever happened to this Arsenal "link"

Was it just an agreement as long at Terry Butcher was in charge or is it carrying on and it's just proving pointless? Why not a youth striker on loan? I'm sure it's been probably been brought up before but it seems like it should be a fairly easy option. Unless ofcourse we don't reckon anyone is good enough.. or indeed, anyone thinks we are.

Have I just not payed much attention as of late but whatever happened to this Arsenal "link"

Was it just an agreement as long at Terry Butcher was in charge or is it carrying on and it's just proving pointless? Why not a youth striker on loan? I'm sure it's been probably been brought up before but it seems like it should be a fairly easy option. Unless ofcourse we don't reckon anyone is good enough.. or indeed, anyone thinks we are.

Liam Brady was Arsenal's youth manager at the time of the link-up - but he's since left the post. It's likely the 'arrangement' is no longer in place!

As I said I would like to know who the other trialists before judgement but given Gow's experience in the Scottish Premier and the fact he would most likely be a back up he wouldn't be risking too much for injury and gives us a different option up front.

He's 31, injury prone and never been that prolific but that said we have a history of getting the best out of these kind of players...shall see how gets on.