Summer transfer targets

Doofer

LOL! There's a real 'dynamic' on this forum between ICTRoughi & caleydawson - it's always 'tit-for-tat'!

You should see it on twitter...utter scenes at times.

• Agree 2

Loy is on a two year deal so we would be required to fork out some cash for him. Therefore it is unlikely we will be able to sign him.

Might be worth an enquiry if they don't get promoted, depends on how much they value him.

There's no point as soon as we do it other clubs will and we won't get him 

Loy is on a two year deal so we would be required to fork out some cash for him. Therefore it is unlikely we will be able to sign him.

Might be worth an enquiry if they don't get promoted, depends on how much they value him.

There's no point as soon as we do it other clubs will and we won't get him

It's alright through cause we will sign a 40 year old goalkeeper for no apparent reason instead :tongueincheek:

Might be worth an enquiry if they don't get promoted, depends on how much they value him. There's no point as soon as we do it other clubs will and we won't get him

It's alright through cause we will sign a 40 year old goalkeeper for no apparent reason instead :tongueincheek:

If we got Carlo Nash then we should be honored, he is set to be named Fans player of the season at Norwich which must show he is a brilliant goalkeeper   

Might be worth an enquiry if they don't get promoted, depends on how much they value him. There's no point as soon as we do it other clubs will and we won't get him

If we got Carlo Nash then we should be honored, he is set to be named Fans player of the season at Norwich which must show he is a brilliant goalkeeper

Despite not playing a single game for Norwich and their fans are hijacking the votes for a laugh - I'd be very honoured....

A player who has just been made available is Michael Higdon.

Great player IMO and one who scored against us too often for my liking. Offers something different to Mckay and i reckon the two in tandem could form a formidable strike duo

May be out of our price range but given his SPL history he may well be interested in a return to Scotland

Great player IMO and one who scored against us too often for my liking. Offers something different to Mckay and i reckon the two in tandem could form a formidable strike duo

May be out of our price range but given his SPL history he may well be interested in a return to Scotland

He got a 2 year deal at NEC but I would love to have him at ICT. Previously played for Yogi too.

He got a 2 year deal at NEC but I would love to have him at ICT. Previously played for Yogi too.

Yeah, although NEC have just been relegated and are keen to get him off the wage bill. Possibly that would mean he would fall back into the 'affordable' bracket

Yeah, although NEC have just been relegated and are keen to get him off the wage bill. Possibly that would mean he would fall back into the 'affordable' bracket

Didn't realise they got relegated. Motherwell might be keen to get him back but would certainly have him at ICT.

Would have Higdon in a second. Motherwell wont need him with Sutton and Anier already established. Hes a terrific player and he'd compliment Billy well with a physical aspect up top.

Yogi would have a great chance at landing him with the history they have. A season loan or something may be a realistic possibility.

I think Higdon might be a long shot. Even if we could match his wage demands, I suspect we'd face stiff competition from other Scottish premiership teams if it turned out he wanted to return to Scotland. Aberdeen may well get rid of Vernon and St Johnstone are likely to lose Stevie May: they would probably both be interested. If Hibs survive, could see them coming in for him too: Higdon has exactly the sort of presence and leadership that they have lacked recently.

Would love to see him at TCS, though, especially if we signed a fast wide player to get service into him.

He'd be great but as you say probably unaffordable.

Signing Magennis would be like resigning Tade. Strong and quick but with little skill.

Not a big fan of Vernon to be honest and I suspect he wouldn't want to come here to sit on the bench behind Mckay.

Signing Magennis would be like resigning Tade. Strong and quick but with little skill.

Not a big fan of Vernon to be honest and I suspect he wouldn't want to come here to sit on the bench behind Mckay.

I can see where you're coming from however I can see it as a possible fix for Mckay's isolation. Magennis could do all the running about and hold the ball well up front with Mckay having the lethal finish. In Scott Vernon's case it could be the other way around.

I do think we will play two up front and getting rid of the 'Andy Shinnie role'.

We got our transfer business done early last close season and that seemed to work well with the squad gelling which, in my view, helped get us off to a flying start.

Would be good if we could manage to do something similar this year.

• Agree 1

Interesting browsing the PFA's transfer list - there are a lot of out-of-contract players on there with SPL experience,

to name a few:

Paddy McCourt (Barnsley)
Zander Diamond (Burton Albion)

Alan Gow (Exeter)

Danny Fox (Southhampton)

Carlos Cuellar (Sunderland)

and of course, the mighty Don Cowie (Cardiff)

I'd be quite happy if we stuck with the squad we have, and brought in one striker - somebody proven.

Finding someone who scores goals for free is not an easy task though!

Interesting browsing the PFA's transfer list - there are a lot of out-of-contract players on there with SPL experience,

to name a few:

Paddy McCourt (Barnsley)

Zander Diamond (Burton Albion)

Alan Gow (Exeter)

Danny Fox (Southhampton)

Carlos Cuellar (Sunderland)

and of course, the mighty Don Cowie (Cardiff)

I'd be quite happy if we stuck with the squad we have, and brought in one striker - somebody proven.

Finding someone who scores goals for free is not an easy task though!

You could also add David Procter who wants to come back to Scotland