Graeme Shinnie

Donview

Rumour rife around Aberdeen that the Dons are sniffing about......'interested' is the term being used.

If they're true then the wig needs to get his big fat cheque book out, sounds like tapping up to me and needs quashing.

Rumour rife around Aberdeen that the Dons are sniffing about......'interested' is the term being used.

If they're true then the wig needs to get his big fat cheque book out, sounds like tapping up to me and needs quashing.[/quot

It's in The Sun this morning.

Check Rumours forum. Already being covered

Edited by Big G

Laziest ever rumour. Team needs a new left back so the press link a good left back in the league to that said. Hardly surprising. I'd be gutted if we lost Shinnie to Aberdeen.

Edited by RiG

Cheers RIG, don't read the Sun, one of my customers on the wind up and a bit of stick in my local just now when I came in for the constitutional Guinness.

You're probably right about speculation as opposed to reliable source. Don't often read the rumour mill either lol!!

Cheers RIG, don't read the Sun, one of my customers on the wind up and a bit of stick in my local just now when I came in for the constitutional Guinness.

You're probably right about speculation as opposed to reliable source. Don't often read the rumour mill either lol!!

A constitutional Guinness in the Don View, Donview? :smile:

• Agree 1

Heard this rumour a wee while back and seems like the sun have picked up on it. I don't think we will sell unless we get a decent enough offer for Graeme. I think because Aberdeen missed out on 2nd place I think they will go for the boy from Partick Taylor Sinclair IMO.

I see a few papers picking up this rumour now. Let's hope club and player act quickly in contract talks. I know he still has a year left and some will say why should we respond but this could become unsettling for player.

Just saw that article on TSNY Twitter feed.

Five figures is an joke. Good one sheep! Also there are no quotes in the article and seems to be built entirely on hearsay.

That said, the article is written by Scott Burns who has tended to be pretty accurate about transfer stories over the years so there might be something in it.

Just had a thought. Graeme is only 23 in August after the season begins so, let's just say, we turn down a bid, his contract runs out at the end of the season and then he signs for another club, we would be due training compensation through FIFA's rules of approx. £60,000 per year he has been with the club, so that would be £360,000 minimum. Why would we sell for a five figure sum?

My heart sank a little the other day when Gordon Strachan elected to promote Aberdeen due Peter Pawlett and journeyman defender Mark Reynolds into his squad to face Nigeria in the upcoming game.

Surely, being a friendly, this would have been the ideal time to call-up Graeme to the squad - if he has any plans for the guy. What a positive message that would have sent-out - that Strachan appreciates what your doing at Inverness and you don't need to move clubs to enhance your chances of international recognition.

It's sad but true that had Graeme been a dons player he'd have been picked already and conversely, if Reynolds and Pawlett were playing for us they'd likely not get a look in.

Disappointed that Strachan has not seen Graeme's versatility and consistency. I don't know what more Shinnie has to do....but hopefully it's not to move.

• Agree 5

I thought the very same Sneckboy.

I was told by a player that a lot of the other players we disappointed that Utd's Robertson got a call up when he's never played a full season of top flight football.  Graeme's been consistently good for a few seasons and is just getting better.

Frustrating.

Delighted to hear the club openly come out and dismiss the speculation regarding Shinnie.

Milne can take his '5 figure sum' insult and try his luck elsewhere

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1297-no-for-sale-signs

Another example of how our club is in safe hands at boardroom level.

Thinly veiled dig at Aberdeen for leaking that a bid had been made and their blatant attempt to unsettle a player.

Edited by Big G

I think the time for us to part with shinnie will come as there is No doubt he is the best defender in our league. I would imagine he has playing for scotland in his dreams and to do so he will need to move to either celtic or England so I'm not too worried about this rumour. Plus he's worth 7 figures easy!

Stewart Milne has real wealth. However, he is very tight with it. If it is true they offered a five figure sum, this is a complete insult to Graeme and his skill/potential and also to ICT as a club.

Aberdeen currently has three ex-ICT players although to be fair we put the curse on Pele and Shearer! I do not recall Aberdeen paying a sensible transfer fee in recent years and I doubt if they are going to break that policy. Hibs spent £200k on a dud so when our Chairman talks of an exceptional offer, he means a fair price for an exceptional talent. That means real money massively beyond the price paid for a dud.

It would be gutting if he left at all, but especially for a fee well below his true value.

Well done Chairman for immediately setting out our stance and pouring cold water on this from the outset.

That said, I doubt this rumour will go away over the summer!

There are obvious attractions to him moving to Aberdeen, however. We mustn't be blind to that.

He'd get a significant wage rise and have more chance of international recognition (wrongly, in my book)...and he is from Aberdeen.

But I hope he utilises his increased 'stock' and profile in negotiating an extended contract on improved terms here in Inverness.

Dont know the lad personally nor his current mindset in terms of career (and thats not a criticism), but I think he would be more likely to sign for Hibs than the Dons !!! Snubbed by the Dons according to the above link, he has nothing but good things to say about Butcher and the Club over how things were handled during the period where he was out after bowel surgery a few years ago. http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Shinnie-Butchers-impact-will-never-be-forgotten-20112013.htm

• 2 weeks later...