Graeme Shinnie

Donview

Few people on twitter saying he'll sign for Aberdeen for £30,000....can't see it myself.

30 ,000 stop it my sides are sore......

That's what makes me think it's false, he's worth well in excess of 300K. Best Left Back in the league.

And I would be absolutely devastated if he signed for Aberdeen for ....30,000 pounds. They think that because he is young that offering  such a low figure is good , speculative business.

Kenny, give him another few years and, if he can keep healthy, he should be seen not only as a very valuable team member but  an investment for the future.

It may be worth considering that he might actually want to go. Hope not, but who would criticise his desire to improve his financial situation and additional challenges. Given, Hayes, Rooney etc is already there and that he comes from that area, why wouldn't he be tempted.

Perhaps 30k is his sign on fee...........10% of fee paid.

That would certainly make more sense. £30,000 would be a slap-in-the-face!

Plenty rumours around suggesting he 'agree in principle' to sign for the Dons, before he went off abroad on holiday.

I'm reluctantly bracing myself for the worst but the bottom-line is he's under contract with us and he shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere without a substantial fee.

The club stood by the player when he was side-lined for nearly the whole season a couple of years ago, with his future uncertain.

If he does leave for 30k it would be a terrible indictment of the board .

It may be worth considering that he might actually want to go. Hope not, but who would criticise his desire to improve his financial situation and additional challenges. Given, Hayes, Rooney etc is already there and that he comes from that area, why wouldn't he be tempted.

Whether he wants to go or not I can't see that our board would sell him for 30,000 pounds under any circumstances.

• Agree 1

I'd argue he was our best player last season and feel we should be offering him the best possible contract the club can afford. He's worthy of a better move than Aberdeen and we should invest in him now with an aim to both the club and GS benefitting from a better move in 12/18/24 months time. Following the chairmans words earlier this month accepting anything less than an outstanding offer would be a bitter pill to swallow.

• Agree 1

Heard similar rumour this morning that Shinnie has agreed terms with Sheep, for cash plus a player heading our way(no name mentioned). Will be announced when he returns from holiday.

Be gutted if this is the case!

I'd be disappointed to lose Shinnie even for £300,000 to an English club, but £30,000?! And to our rivals, Aberdeen! The disappointment would turn to outrage if this came to pass...

He's our player and we don't need to sell him - there's the argument that we could lose him for nothing at the end of the season when his contract expires. £30,000 is virtualy that - nothing! It's the equivalent of gate receipts (assuming £25 entry) of just 1,200 fans.

It would also send out the message that we're 'easy to deal with' ie a soft touch, and would likely encourage ludicrous, speculative bids for Billy McKay, with clubs sensing they could get him on the cheap.

We'll get the 'we don't want to stand in his way' patter, but we should play hard-ball - he was happy enough to sign the contract and accept the plaudits for demonstrating his loyalty.

It was our club who nurtured him with shrewd integration into the first-team including a timely loan deal to the Highland League earlier in his development.

He's proved to be a consistent, versatile and reliable performer for the past few seasons. With his best years yet to come and the fact he is under contract, we should be looking for considerable compensation here.

If he is to go, we must ensure there are all sorts of clauses in the contract regarding future appearances, international call-ups and selling-on fees because Graeme Shinnie has an outstanding career ahead of him. I hope the board show some backbone.

• Agree 2

Would love to have Hayes back but cant see it. Hayes is being used as a 'model' for the new Aberdeen kit this season so would have thought it would be unlikely they would use him to promote their new strip if he were to be leaving.

Incidentally I think the Shinnie link with Aberdeen is pure and utter fantasy. Our chairman has already said it would take a very special offer to let any of our players move this summer. £30k is an absolute insult as far as Shinnies current ability and potential go

• Agree 1

Would love to have Hayes back but cant see it. Hayes is being used as a 'model' for the new Aberdeen kit this season so would have thought it would be unlikely they would use him to promote their new strip if he were to be leaving.

Incidentally I think the Shinnie link with Aberdeen is pure and utter fantasy. Our chairman has already said it would take a very special offer to let any of our players move this summer. £30k is an absolute insult as far as Shinnies current ability and potential go

And if ya read all the pi$h on the thread Billy goin too as a pair 150k. :-D :-D ma sides

Yeah. I get the impression from the chairman that the days of other teams nicking our players on the cheap on for free are gone. It certainly seems like the club are wanting to be proactive in protecting its assets and i'm all for it.

Stewart Milne may be willing to give Aberdeen some money to buy players but I seriously doubt whether he would sanction a 6 figure deal for one of our players nor even 2. Even with only a year left on Billy's and Graeme's contract I would hope and have a strong feeling that the club wouldn't entertain sub 150k offers for either. Especially when you consider the like of James Collins at Hibs cost 200k :ohmy:

Mr G Shinnie was exceptional this year and should be in the Scotland set-up - no question.

As stated, the club is not under financial pressure to sell, so the only driver would be Graeme himself. If he wants to go, it is understandable. However, it would be incredibly disappointing if he were to go for anything other than a big fee (£300k sounds about right). I suppose the risk is that he doesn't sign a contract extension and goes for free after 1 more season. Can't see Hayes back here, sadly.

We just have to wait and see, but anything less than £100k would certainly be a rip-off and not a great signal to others who might be sniffing around for the likes of Mckay!