Graeme Shinnie

Donview

I'd have Shinnie over Robertson any day....

I agree with you there, Shinnie has been consistently performing at a high level over the last few seasons where as Robertson has only played first team football for one season and at his age is still really good but he still doesn't know everything that Shinnie does i.e. positioning when certain teams/players have the ball. Also only reason Robertson has been given such publicity is cause he is part of United's "wonder kids" otherwise he would just be another player like everyone else.

Robertson is nothing special, there was some sort of stats on P&B to show that outside Celtic, Shinnie is the best defender in the league, therefore also killing off Dons fans raving about Reynolds

A good bit of business for Dundee United, coining in reportedly £2,850,000 for a player they didn't even have a year ago!

Getting Shinnie signed-up has to be the most important off-field business for ICT in the short term. There's the looming danger that he could sign a pre-contract with somebody in January, and he'd be off in the summer - for nothing!!

A good bit of business for Dundee United, coining in reportedly £2,850,000 for a player they didn't even have a year ago!

Getting Shinnie signed-up has to be the most important off-field business for ICT in the short term. There's the looming danger that he could sign a pre-contract with somebody in January, and he'd be off in the summer - for nothing!!

That is why the club are planning contract talks soon

Shinnie is probably our most valuable asset. Should we not be offering him a new contract now? If he doesn't accept it should we put him on the market before the window closes?

I find it incredible that he's not been signed up on a longer contract .

Shinnie is probably our most valuable asset. Should we not be offering him a new contract now? If he doesn't accept it should we put him on the market before the window closes?

What makes you think he wasn't offered one but reasonably, from his point of view, decided to keep his options open.

What makes you think he wasn't offered one but reasonably, from his point of view, decided to keep his options open.

The 2 posts before my reply .

He should be given the absolute best offer we can afford NOW. If he says no, he should be sold. Do we really want to see our biggest asset go for ZERO? I'm sure our board have this as a priority but if they don't they should have!

Edited by caleyboy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...