Gary Warren

Big G

Despite my own reservations which I'm not going into, the club seems to be getting better and better and the future looks very bright in the hands of our board and chairman.

It's a really strong message that players can come here, settle, prosper and enjoy the way-of-life in Inverness. I assume his fiancé must also be happy in the town for Gary to commit to a long-term deal. Great news.

Also really encouraging that he's keen to start doing coaching badges - Warren seems the type of character who'd do well in that capacity....who knows, down the line we could have a Foran/Warren management team!

• Agree 4

Guest Shaun

Great news, seems like squad is taking shape for next season :-).

Also, that would be a great team Sneckboy :ictscarf:.

Superb. I like the policy of long term contracts. Just look at the year-on-year turmoil over the bridge!

Thats just the norm, they cant even allow large away flags into the stadium incase they have super magical powers.

Edited by 12th Man

Great news!

should probably also add this:

The Englishman, who has made 78 appearances in his two season with Inverness while scoring nine goals, will also start on the road to a coaching career with the backing of chairman Kenny Cameron and manager John Hughes.

"I am keen to start my coaching badges and have discussed and agreed this with the chairman and John as I see this adding a further dimension to my game and I am keen to help and assist the club in any way I can."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/inverness-defender-gary-warren-signs-3569705

Sounds like a win - win

Edited by Ayeseetee

There have been suggestions that he was not keen on Yogi's style of play and certainly he has not been the same commanding presence in some games in the latter part of the season.  However, signing a 3 year deal would suggest that if he did have any problems with the management change, they have been resolved and he is happy with the plans on the playing side of things.  Not only has Gary been superb in the heart of the defence since he arrived here, he has also scored some cracking goals from set peices.  He's a very important player for us so this is particularly good news for more than one reason.  Personally I wouldn't be surprised if he is made captain next season.  I'm not convinced Foran will get a regular place back and if Shinnie does not extend his contract then Warren is the obvious choice - TBH I think he's the obvious choice even if Shinnie does extend his contract.

Yes wonderful news, looks like J H is keeping his word about trying to keep our core together for another spell.... keep at it John and prove those sceptics wrong!

As a Yogi sceptic, may I wholeheartedly echo that sentiment.

• Agree 2