Neill Lennon Offski

Bombabim

Not surprised given the noises about funds etc. Although it is hard to imagine what he expected given the current sponsor funding dearth in Scottish football and falling crowds at Celtic Park.

I notice the fans are already calling for Lawell's head as he isn't giving enough money to the team to strengthen. But if the money isn't there you can only live within your budget or you go the way of the other side of Glasgow. Unrealistic expectations as ever in Glasgow football.

Thought he is very overrated as a manager. With no competition he won 3 titles but was out witted tactically in so many cup games during his time. Was not a good ambassador for his club but fitted into the fans conspirisy mindset and often played to it.

A mediocre Manager at best. Given Celtics resources and the fact there is no Rangers in the SPL lately....he should have pretty much won every domestic competition the past few seasons. Not convinced by him at all.

Probably go to a bottom half Championship (English) side

To be fair to Lennon, he has been on the recieving end of some horendous sectarian abuse since he has been Celtic's manager.  I'm actually surprised he stayed so long and has maybe made a sensible decision to get out now before there is any danger of Celtic having a match against the third best team in Glasgow and all the vileness that game will attact. He's maybe putting his family before football and if so then good luck to him.

To my thinking this is going to make a very interesting SPFL 2014/15 season. Whoever takes charge, albeit some big name, there is bound to be an unsettled pattern of play until an established team is fielded and I can see that if the fixture list isn't 'fixed' in their favour it will take Celtic longer to top the league than it did last season. The current top six will also be spurred on by this opportunity as there is only a very small margin of difference between their capabilities.

Until Celtic reach the top, which could be prevented this time, all six teams are in with a strong shout of breaking the Glasgow stranglehold that has for years spoiled the competitiveness within the league. Equally so with the bottom six who will know what is in store for them if they are in the play off positions come the end of the season.

If anything my belief is that ICT with our established squad coupled with an improved non hoof style of play will give us an edge over the others,which hopefully will be, with good results coming in, the trigger to bring out bigger crowds to witness our successes.

All in all I am looking forward more and more to the start of the season which has the potential to be the most exciting season for a long long time and especially for ICT.

• Agree 1

Thought he is very overrated as a manager. With no competition he won 3 titles but was out witted tactically in so many cup games during his time. Was not a good ambassador for his club but fitted into the fans conspirisy mindset and often played to it.

Yes, he conspired to have bullets sent in the post to him, to be assaulted while doing his job at Tynecastle (and for the assailant to be acquitted), and to have to live with a personal bodyguard.

That's some "conspirisy" be f**k.

I think the job might go to Paul Lambert actually. Henrik Larsson could go as an assistant.

Point one why would Paul Lambert want to leave the EPL for the SPL. Second point Larsson said he would only consider management

Lambert's job is on a slippy slope as it is at Villa cause Lerner wants to sell up and Lambert would jump at the chance to manage Celtic considering Champions league will be a massive pull for him. Henrik Larsson was previously an assistant boss in Sweden and maybe it would be too soon for him to make a big step up like that.

To my thinking this is going to make a very interesting SPFL 2014/15 season. Whoever takes charge, albeit some big name, there is bound to be an unsettled pattern of play until an established team is fielded and I can see that if the fixture list isn't 'fixed' in their favour it will take Celtic longer to top the league than it did last season. The current top six will also be spurred on by this opportunity as there is only a very small margin of difference between their capabilities.

Until Celtic reach the top, which could be prevented this time, all six teams are in with a strong shout of breaking the Glasgow stranglehold that has for years spoiled the competitiveness within the league. Equally so with the bottom six who will know what is in store for them if they are in the play off positions come the end of the season.

If anything my belief is that ICT with our established squad coupled with an improved non hoof style of play will give us an edge over the others,which hopefully will be, with good results coming in, the trigger to bring out bigger crowds to witness our successes.

All in all I am looking forward more and more to the start of the season which has the potential to be the most exciting season for a long long time and especially for ICT.

It's going to take a heck of a bad manager not to win the league at a canter with the depth of talent they have compared to other teams

Yes, he conspired to have bullets sent in the post to him, to be assaulted while doing his job at Tynecastle (and for the assailant to be acquitted), and to have to live with a personal bodyguard.

That's some "conspirisy" be f**k. The totally despicable actions of these people have nothing to do with football or his management abilities but hiding inabilities by threatening to write to the SFA about decisions against his team and his part in the infamous dossier of conspirisies that never saw the light of day and his all round ability to never accept his team were beaten by a better team worked straight into the hands of the diluded fans. Never defeated always cheated. But of course lets not read what's posted and just put a spin on things to avert peoples gaze from what was actually being said. Lennon could have written that post. And to be clear, my disgust at the non-football crap he had to endure holds no bounds but had nothing to do with my post.

Edited by Big G

Look at it this way Gordieict, they didn't have the best of starts last season and we were holding our own until Terry butchered us by slinging his turncoat on to an Easter Road peg.

These things happen in football, no matter how good the squad or how big the manager is -------change can do strange things.

This time last year I was thinking Celtic don't look too happy going into the new season and I predicted in a thread that Celtic would not win the league that season. How wrong I was they ran away with it, ------------- but it took them a long time and a lot of money to buy the title again.

If they have a similar start this coming season I don't think the current top six clubs will roll over and let themselves be overawed again. No I think Celts will be given a harder fight and if what Lennon says is true about not being allowed a big enough budget to tackle the Euro boys, and with the other half of the filth expected back  season 15/16, money will be wanted for then, there will be less inclination to spend this season so their talented divas will be more inclined to take things a little easier knowing their places are not threatened as much as before.

Opportunity could be there for the taking and that is what managers will be drumming into their players. Nothing is certain in football, perhaps odds are stacked against me being right but being forever the optimist I stress that there is a chance  that I might be right regardless of the new manager's ability and direction.

Look at it this way Gordieict, they didn't have the best of starts last season and we were holding our own until Terry butchered us by slinging his turncoat on to an Easter Road peg.

These things happen in football, no matter how good the squad or how big the manager is -------change can do strange things.

This time last year I was thinking Celtic don't look too happy going into the new season and I predicted in a thread that Celtic would not win the league that season. How wrong I was they ran away with it, ------------- but it took them a long time and a lot of money to buy the title again.

If they have a similar start this coming season I don't think the current top six clubs will roll over and let themselves be overawed again. No I think Celts will be given a harder fight and if what Lennon says is true about not being allowed a big enough budget to tackle the Euro boys, and with the other half of the filth expected back season 15/16, money will be wanted for then, there will be less inclination to spend this season so their talented divas will be more inclined to take things a little easier knowing their places are not threatened as much as before.

Opportunity could be there for the taking and that is what managers will be drumming into their players. Nothing is certain in football, perhaps odds are stacked against me being right but being forever the optimist I stress that there is a chance that I might be right regardless of the new manager's ability and direction.

I can't remember the exact stats but don't they not go a heck of long time before they actually lost a game

That's some "conspirisy" be f**k. The totally despicable actions of these people have nothing to do with football or his management abilities but hiding inabilities by threatening to write to the SFA about decisions against his team and his part in the infamous dossier of conspirisies that never saw the light of day and his all round ability to never accept his team were beaten by a better team worked straight into the hands of the diluded fans. Never defeated always cheated. But of course lets not read what's posted and just put a spin on things to avert peoples gaze from what was actually being said. Lennon could have written that post. And to be clear, my disgust at the non-football crap he had to endure holds no bounds but had nothing to do with my post.

Fair enough, but there is an argument to be made that every team in the SPL has long been cheated by the financial wrongdoings of one former club, and you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to feel that your club is not playing on a level field.