Bill starts for NI

Doofer

Great to see him getting his first start - playing in the number 9 shirt tonight.

I've never really thought much about it before but how does Billy actually qualify for Northern Ireland?

I know he's English-born but the name 'McKay' is quite common in NI - I assume his dad must be from there?

I thought he had a good game. Will have done himself no harm at all, his work rate was terrific. Didn't get ant clear cut chances but got himself into good positions.

He got subbed after 80 minutes but I'd say he was Northern Ireland's top outfield player on the night, although I find it difficult to be impartial when I'm 'supporting' a particular player/team!

It doesn't surprise me that he didn't accept our contract offer at this time, after all he is in a good window at the moment so why shouldn't he bide his time and see what's what on the world stage.

I don't want to lose him though, he is quite unique in his work rate plus opportunism and does a great deal for ICT.

• Agree 1

Billy can probably earn three times as much with one of the bigger teams in the English third tier as he does with us. He's given us two good years to repay the faith shown in him after one poor one. I would love him to stay but would have no difficulty with his deciding to go an maximise his income in a short career.

Billy can probably earn three times as much with one of the bigger teams in the English third tier as he does with us. He's given us two good years to repay the faith shown in him after one poor one. I would love him to stay but would have no difficulty with his deciding to go an maximise his income in a short career.

Average earnings for league 1 are around £1400 a week. Championship about £4000 and Premiership about £22,500. Difficult to find details for Scotland but think its somewhere around £2000 a week.

£2000 a week in Scotland?! I suppose the Celtic wages bump up the average.

I agree with Renegade, £700 - £800 a week on average for our guys. But obviously that's the average as some will earn more than others.

I think our annual wage bill is just over £one million.

Was Niculae not on some ridiculous amount? partly funded by Orion Group? £2,500 a week or something, which must have been a real blow to the other boys in the changing-room! As much as I liked having him at the club, due to his high profile, he wasn't actually worth it!

In 2006, which is the only data I can find, our total wage bill was £2.03 million and our turnover £3.54 million. This represented a wages to turnover ratio of 57%. 2013 turnover was £3.721 million and we have cut costs since 2006 but if we assume the ratio to still be 57% then wages last year would amount to £2.12 million. Dont know how many employees the club has but I'm guessing we could be paying an average of close on £1000 a week.

According to a football app on my phone he is in the starting 11 again for tonights match against chile at 1am!

(Taking it with a grain of salt until I find a more reliable source)

But if it is true will this be the first time an ict player has played against a barcalona player assuming alexis sanchez starts aswell?

Edited by Ayeseetee

According to a football app on my phone he is in the starting 11 again for tonights match against chile at 1am!

(Taking it with a grain of salt until I find a more reliable source)

But if it is true will this be the first time an ict player has played against a barcalona player assuming alexis sanchez starts aswell?

Marius Niculae played for Romania at Euro 2008 against France who fielded 2 Barcelona players, Eric Abidal & Lilian Thuram.

• Agree 1