Is this the perfect penalty

In the League Cup final didn't Watkins apply that technique for a long range shot?  He does it and gets laughed at, Neymar does it and everyone thinks he's a genius, how is that fair?  :laugh:

Much less high profile than Neymar, but a good penalty was netted on Sunday in the Junior Cup final. It wasn't a thing of beauty, but Stewart Kean's shot went in-off the post.

Not even Buffon or any keeper can 'reach' as far as the upright, so for me, it was effectively an 'unsave-able' effort!

Thinking about pens, when was the last time a penalty was missed wide of goal? It seems to be so rare! Missed penalties (that aren't saved) are usually put over the bar, or hit the woodwork, rather than being knocked wide right or left of the goals.

There was a Guy who played fullback for Liverpool my old brain forgets his name. ( somebody remind me )

This player was renowned for taking penalties and scoring without fail.

I struggle to remember my own

Anyway I went to a league cup final at Wembley To see Forest and Liverpool play in the Cloughie era

Well he missed a penalty a great save by the then Rookie keeper Chris Woods  ( Standing in for Shilton who was cup tied)

Chtis Woods went on to be a legend for Rangers one of the best penalty savers of his time. Shilton however a great keeper was about the worst penalty savers around for any time.

Edited by Laurence