Football Forums

Sneckboy

I can't quite get motivated, yet, for the World Cup - I hate the close season!

Aside from this excellent resource, what other 'football forums' or football websites/blogs do ICT-Online members regularly visit?

I'm rarely on Pie & Bovril as I find it hard to navigate - then when I find my desired thread, It's full of 'in-fighting'!

Over-the-Bridge!...It's a site often "quoted" on here, but I've only visited once out of curiosity!

Personally, I do like 'Fitba North' and a site called 'Non-League Matters'.

Narey'sToePoke is (for me) the best blog going. Certainly, for Scottish football. It's up-to-date, well researched and informative with a subtle touch of satire.

That 'Narey' blog is from an ICT fan who posts on here and his observations are always impartial and witty without any bias unless it's clearly tongue-in-cheek!

Any other gems out there?

P&B is a source of great amusement for me, for the general nonsense chat as much as the football. I too have a gander at OTB from time to time but I've never posted on it.

I can't quite get motivated, yet, for the World Cup - I hate the close season!

Aside from this excellent resource, what other 'football forums' or football websites/blogs do ICT-Online members regularly visit?

I'm rarely on Pie & Bovril as I find it hard to navigate - then when I find my desired thread, It's full of 'in-fighting'!

Over-the-Bridge!...It's a site often "quoted" on here, but I've only visited once out of curiosity!

Personally, I do like 'Fitba North' and a site called 'Non-League Matters'.

Narey'sToePoke is (for me) the best blog going. Certainly, for Scottish football. It's up-to-date, well researched and informative with a subtle touch of satire.

That 'Narey' blog is from an ICT fan who posts on here and his observations are always impartial and witty without any bias unless it's clearly tongue-in-cheek!

Any other gems out there?

Nareystoepoker is run by a poster on here called hislopsoffsideagain. It's a good read.

I'd also recommend having a look at The Terrace which, whilst not a football forum, has a lot of interesting articles on their site as well as a pretty well informed podcast that is recorded twice a week during the season. Most of the guys on it now support teams in the lower leagues but their opinions are normally spot on. 

SPLStats on Twitter is probably quite well known to most but Craig Anderson also has a website as well which has a few blogs on there as well.

Finally, Andrew Southwick runs The Away End which covers a wide range of sports. Football coverage seems to have taken a back seat from what I can recall but could be worth checking out.

• Agree 1

P&B does my head in, every thread just ends up in insults and abuse.

Somebody posts on there as "The KingBeastie" or similar (my username on P&B is just KingBeastie).  I believe it's someone who was banned or went in a huff from here.  It's not me and I've no idea why someone would want to pretend to be me in an online capacity!

Still I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!   :amazed:

P&B is just impossible.  Full of vermin who think the phrase 'touch of a rapist' makes them into Billy Connolly.  Mention who you would play in any position in a team and you get "he's p!$h".  Any attempt to get a more coherent answer out of who should play there, gets the "anybody but him" or "my granny" or something equally uninsightful but never a reasonable suggestion.  The merest hint of differing over football tactics gets a chorus of "shut down this thread" with the 'no bigotry' rule pushed beyond breaking point.

Unfortunately, so many forums just degenrate to that.  Look at the Scotsman for isntance.  No way are the majority of those cretins ever buying anything without a red top.

I'd love a genuine Scottish forum that could just talk tactics, players and managers in a really dull Alan Hansen way.  That's what football is for me, far more than overhead-kicked goals and trophies.  Not spectacular and boring probably to many but fascinating to me.

• Agree 1

P&B is just impossible. Full of vermin who think the phrase 'touch of a rapist' makes them into Billy Connolly. Mention who you would play in any position in a team and you get "he's p!$h". Any attempt to get a more coherent answer out of who should play there, gets the "anybody but him" or "my granny" or something equally uninsightful but never a reasonable suggestion. The merest hint of differing over football tactics gets a chorus of "shut down this thread" with the 'no bigotry' rule pushed beyond breaking point.

Unfortunately, so many forums just degenrate to that. Look at the Scotsman for isntance. No way are the majority of those cretins ever buying anything without a red top.

I'd love a genuine Scottish forum that could just talk tactics, players and managers in a really dull Alan Hansen way. That's what football is for me, far more than overhead-kicked goals and trophies. Not spectacular and boring probably to many but fascinating to me.

Don't take P&B seriously, look at it as a form of entertainment rather than serious deep discussion. Alternatively if someone's being an erse just post a meme or gif stating that they seem upset / verge of tears / seething or perhaps they're a seamus alias.