Great news for the fans who Believe

12th Man

I have some very good news for all those kind hearted people who donated to the  Cup Final Surfer Flags.

You all bought into a vision and collectively we created our very first ICT giant flags for the club. 1st ones in 20 years  :clapping:

I have wanted to announce this for quite a few weeks but 1st wanted to make sure the head count was correct and also wanted to remind those who said they would donate, to actually donate, without telling them of the outcome :wink:

Being a community club and a proactive club, the chairman and I wanted to reward those who gave but did not expect anything in return.

For the individuals who donated towards the flags there are various prizes on offer to be drawn at a later date. 

The prizes are as follows.

1st prize   A signed shirt from our very first cup final.

equal 2nd and 3rd   is a pennant and  a signed  photo from the glorious great escape semi final, containing 5 players looking pleased with themselves. :crazy:

4th prize is a poster of the fans which has been signed by the players.

On top of that.

Its been a great season and to pass on that feel good factor, every single person who donated towards the flags will each receive a miniature flag of their choice and I more or less know which flags to order due to the private poll carried out over the past few weeks.  :wink:

These have yet to be ordered so we are probably a few weeks away from getting any sent out.

Special Thanks to.

The fan who contacted me regarding the supplier.

Don for Designing the flags.

Peter our safety officer for advice at the design stages.

Our Chairman  Kenny Cameron,  for listening to a fan with an idea, for the continual support, the prizes, collecting the money and also contributing to the flags. 

CJT for their collections, contributions and for offering help to get the flags out on display.

Caleythistleonline for the paypal links and the publicity.

All the sponsors.

The club and players.

And lastly the nuts and bolts of the club, You. 

Whether you contributed or not, they are Your Flags  and represent you and your club. 

If you are a bit miffed that you have missed out on the above, there are also some cracking prizes that the club have made available to the 1st 1000 season ticket holders and  the early bird season ticket prices finish tomorrow, 6th June, so if you get your skates on, not only do you get money off your season ticket  you might win something too.

:ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

The  12th Man.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 10

Nice one!

I was really chuffed at the passion of the crowd at the cup final - even faced with a really dour game, we did our best to inspire the team, and up until the penalties we made as much noise as three times as many Dons fans.

The flags played their part in creating that positive mentality, well done for all your work in getting it done, and kudos to the club for recognising it.

• Agree 1

Here is a list of those who will be entered into a prize draw, the list is almost complete, so if you feel you should be on it and have proof of payment then send me a PM by 16th June otherwise you will not be included.

The lucky entrants are as follows.

The Mantis

ICT29

Alex

Tree

Zoid

Ubern

Clacherholiday2

12th Man

Kirki

Roby

Wyness101

Sheepslager

Oddquine

Jrict

Forzacaley

Macshimidh

Eagle for Caley

Lundrava jag

The caley one

Crownboy49

Optimist

Ilpadrino

Caley mad in Berks

Eyesettee

Surname MacDonald

The winners will be drawn by an impartial judge, Scotty.

The time and date of draw will be announced after the deadline.

Each entrant has a chance to win up to 4 prizes.

Each entrant has an equal chance of winning.

Sponsors making donations on or after the 5th June will not be included.

Good luck !

Edited by 12th Man

• 2 weeks later...

The next prize will be an A4 Photo of 5 players looking slightly pleased with themselves after the cup semi final.

This will be anounced later this evening.

The Pennant and Cup final shirt will be anounced Thursday evening and Thursday night.

Wyness101. is the winner of the pennant.

I will announce the star prize of the coveted cup final top signed by the players in a few hours when I get home.

Just to make the final draw more interesting  we have Skype set up with Scotty.

25 identity tags with all the entrants names will be attached to 25 Wild Salmon. they will be released into a Canadian river and the 1st Grissly Bear to lift one out of the river will be announced the winner, all Scotty has to do is take the salmon from the hungry bear and  show the tag to the web cam.

Im not sure if this will be done with force or by distraction, IE asking the bear what they thought of the merger or have they read Charles Bannermans book. etc

Back in a few hours.

• Agree 2

It looks like he has spotted something, a bear has caught a Salmon and it looks like its got a tag on its tail.

Scottys away like a rat up a drain pipe, running along the river bank, he leaps, hes going for the flying headbut approach.

John West ???

I think that Salmon was earmarked for someone else.

Scottys in the water now  swimming over to get nearer to some of the other bears, maybe they will be the first to reveal the real winner. 

I havent seen Scotty for a wee while now, There must be some activity going on as  a bear has waded into the water, something has caught its eye.

Ah there he is, Scottys head is slowly appearing out of the water behind the bear, like Stallone in a Rambo film  but whats that between his teeth?

Edited by 12th Man

The bear takes a swipe and a Salmon is pulled clean out of the water with a tag clearly visible, Scottys close by.

He has a book between his teeth, Fascinating facts by Charles Bannerman, Hmm, I dont think Ive read that one either,  it looks like he is swing it from side to side, the bear has noticed the book and becomes very sleepy, with the other had Scotty starts to pull the Salmon out of the Bears grasp.

The Bear starts to come round, he has to make a decision, does he fight for the Salmon or grab the book as it might come in handy in the woods later.

It looks like Scottys got a fight on his hands, fists and claws are flying, Scotty is getting the better of him  with a few round house kicks, It must take him back to his drinking days in the Cummings Hotel.

Scottys coming over, covered in blood, clothes ripped to shreads, stinking of fish, clasping a manky looking Salmon, Hes shouting something,I cant quite hear what hes saying as the water is so loud.

Ive turned the volume up,I think hes saying "What on Earth was wrong with using the computer generated random selector, you nutter"

:shrug: Someone must be having a bad day.

Hes got the tag in his hand, hes coming closer and I can count at least 7 letters in the user name.

Edited by 12th Man