Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Billy Mckay, Edward Ofere and John Rankin were all relegated with Dundee Utd tonight. Ofere, who had a great strike rate for us after signing mid season, finally got his first goal for Utd tonight.

Since leaving ICT, Mckay has been relegated twice in 15 months.  :ohmy: 

Isn't McKay still contracted to Wigan?  In which case he has been promoted and not relegated - not that he can exactly claim the credit there!

Stuart Golabek has been appointed manager of Brora Rangers with Grant Munro as his assistant.

I'm sure all ICT fans wish them well. Apart from anything else it would be great to see the Highland League trophy back in the Highlands rather than a suburb of Aberdeen.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

Free agent, Tony Reguero has signed a  3-month contract at Finnish club RoPS. Both their regular 'keepers are apparently injured, hence the short term nature of the deal.
RoPS were runners-up in the Finnish league last season and so are in the Europa League qualifying rounds. Good luck Tony!

Reguero.jpg

• Agree 2

Jonny Tuffey kept a clean-sheet at the weekend, helping Glenavon win the Northern Irish Cup Final 2-0 against Linfield, at Windsor Park.
Coincidentally (after the previous post), another of our former 'keepers who'll be playing in the Europa League next season!

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Barrow in the Furness , North West of England, district eh?

One of our former members named Clydie the Horse, who entertained us oldies in days gone by was owned by a gentleman who ended up there as a nuclear development team staffer/scientist. Anyone still around who remembers him..?

Not a terribly prepossessing place I am afraid (industrialised) but the surrounding Lake District area is the very opposite.

But you know what they say in England.. " where there's muck there's money, lad."

I see Andre Blackman is now at Fez in Morocco. This is the guy who got convicted last year for running out of Harrods with a £1,200 jacket. He'd be well advised not to go shoplifting in an Arab country......

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 9:38 AM, Kingsmills said:

Stuart Golabek has been appointed manager of Brora Rangers with Grant Munro as his assistant.

I'm sure all ICT fans wish them well. Apart from anything else it would be great to see the Highland League trophy back in the Highlands rather than a suburb of Aberdeen.

Golabek has resigned as manager before a single game has been played due to work commitments and Grant Munro has taken over.

18 minutes ago, Gavroche said:

Calum Ferguson is on trial at Albion Rovers. He has made one assist today against Motherwell.

I'm at this game. Last minute decision. Calum latched onto the ball after Steven McManus misjudged the bounce and fed no 10 who finished well. Calum has done ok but feeding off scraps. Well must have about 80% possession. Seems to have been subbed at ht. 

• Agree 1