Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Scored a few goals against Highland League sides, but looked a headless chicken a lot of the time.  Seemingly didn't sign for us as his agents doubled his demands on the realisation he'd be playing in the Europa League.  I seem to recollect him agreeing to join club and then changing his mind and joining Port Vale despite already being unveiled by the first club!

On 01/02/2017 at 9:23 AM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Lonsano Doumbouya has signed for an Austrian Bundesliga team, SKN St. Polten

One of his teammates there is ex-County forward Kevin Luckassen, who is on 2 goals (2 more than he got at County!)

The club's top scorer is only on 4, so you can see why they signed another striker.

• 3 weeks later...

I notice that two of our much travelled ex players have recently found new clubs.   Andreas Mutumbo has turned up at RNK Split in Croatia, and Eddie Ofere seems to be with FC Rosengard in Sweden.

Also, Felipe Morais left Bradford City a few weeks ago for Bolton Wanderers.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

Had a look at Cowdenbeath today where manager  Liam Fox is under pressure as his side are now 7 points adrift of Edinburgh City and Clyde at the bottom of SPFL2. A playoff beckons - this will be against either the HL champions or East Kilbride, who appear to have the LL sewn up with only 2 more wins required from their final 5 games.

In an uncanny resemblance to watching ICT, The Blue Brazil missed a 5th minute penalty and several more chances before going down 2-0 to Stirling Albion.

On 04/03/2017 at 10:43 PM, TheMantis said:

Had a look at Cowdenbeath today where manager  Liam Fox is under pressure as his side are now 7 points adrift of Edinburgh City and Clyde at the bottom of SPFL2. 

...... and he's gone :redcard:

Mentioned further up the page that I saw Cowdenbeath v Albion on Saturday. It's a mystery to me why the Albion keeper is in there as he hardly got his gloves dirty. I would imagine Scott Brown is a shoe-in though, even though I never saw him this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonny Hayes made his first start for (a much weakened) Ireland last night in a 0-1 home defeat to Iceland. He had previously made an appearance off the bench about a year ago in another friendly. He'll soon be 30, so this might be as good as it gets as far as his international career goes.

In contrast, Stuart Armstrong made an impressive Scotland debut v Slovenia, with a neat bit of play to create the winning goal. If only his parents hadn't moved away to Dundee, we'd........well, let's be realistic, we'd have sold him for £50,000 to the first club to show any interest! 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Jonny Hayes made his first start for (a much weakened) Ireland last night in a 0-1 home defeat to Iceland. He had previously made an appearance off the bench about a year ago in another friendly. He'll soon be 30, so this might be as good as it gets as far as his international career goes.

In contrast, Stuart Armstrong made an impressive Scotland debut v Slovenia, with a neat bit of play to create the winning goal. If only his parents hadn't moved away to Dundee, we'd........well, let's be realistic, we'd have sold him for £50,000 to the first club to show any interest! 

So very true....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the Irish league season ending Saturday past my local team Glentoran has endured the worst season in our 135 year history. Finishing a pathetic 9th in a 12 team league. For a team that is used to winning trophies and challenging for the league ( not so much in recent years) this season has been a disgrace. The best player in the team who carried the other 10 many times through this tough season was Curtis Allen. He netted 18 goals in total across all competitions which is a very impressive given he was barely fed any decent service from our almost none existent mid field. He has already picked up player of the year awards from most supporters clubs and the official vote at the ground on the last game of the season. He is also about to win the player of the year award from the supporters club i am in for the second year running (I'll attach pics of his award last year) and with his recent contract extension keeping him with the glens until 2020 we are going to be getting his best years and hopefully with the impending mass summer clear out we can build a team around him as he has been our key player since we got him from ICT and he will be for seasons to come       

sd-20160925-045818.jpg

curtis allen.JPG

23 hours ago, Belfast Brigade said:

With the Irish league season ending Saturday past my local team Glentoran has endured the worst season in our 135 year history. Finishing a pathetic 9th in a 12 team league. For a team that is used to winning trophies and challenging for the league ( not so much in recent years) this season has been a disgrace. The best player in the team who carried the other 10 many times through this tough season was Curtis Allen. He netted 18 goals in total across all competitions which is a very impressive given he was barely fed any decent service from our almost none existent mid field. He has already picked up player of the year awards from most supporters clubs and the official vote at the ground on the last game of the season. He is also about to win the player of the year award from the supporters club i am in for the second year running (I'll attach pics of his award last year) and with his recent contract extension keeping him with the glens until 2020 we are going to be getting his best years and hopefully with the impending mass summer clear out we can build a team around him as he has been our key player since we got him from ICT and he will be for seasons to come       

I know the Irish League is mainly part-time but how fit and quick does Curtis Allen look?  I saw him playing in a reserve game for us and he looked really overweight.

Edited by Renegade