Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

20 hours ago, Renegade said:

I know the Irish League is mainly part-time but how fit and quick does Curtis Allen look?  I saw him playing in a reserve game for us and he looked really overweight.

he is pretty fit now doesn't have the speed he used to but he takes his fitness very seriously hits the gym a lot and i live near him and see him out running all the time. A lot of irish league players that do go across the water struggle to make the mark and i think Curtis was one. When county Boyce signed from cliftionville he was about 2 stone overweight and his pre game routine from what i hear was sitting playing playstation and eating mars bars until a team mate picked him up 40 mins before KO. How times change

LB weight.jpg

Edited by Belfast Brigade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck to Graeme Shinnie today in the Scottish Cup final.  And, of course to our other ex ICT players who might feature in this match .  Can Graeme create history by captaining two different clubs to victory within two years? I hope so.

We also have some interest in tomorrow's English League 2 play off final at Wembley where Tom (the Tank) Aldred and Iain Black may both feature. Aldred has had another great season for Blackpool, but was injured in their last match and is not certain to make the final.  For his sake, I hope he is OK for his day out at Wembley.  Iain Black featured for the second half (and extra time) in Blackpool's last match v Luton.  He actually conceded a penalty which could have been very costly, but for an injury time og by Luton which saw Blackpool sneak victory.

I'm a bit torn knowing who I want to win this one.  I've always considered Exeter to be my English team ever since a friend of mine, Steve Perryman (ex Spurs), became their Director of Football many, many years ago.  But, a good  golfing friend of 40 years standing is a mad keen Blackpool fan.  I have also converted him into an ICT fan and he has accompanied me to a handful of matches in recent years, so I feel I owe him some loyalty.  Pity they can't both be promoted!

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

Was delighted to see Marley Watkins has signed for Norwich City on a three year deal and joins the club officially on the 1st July. He was clearly a decent prospect when he was with us, and after Billy McKay was sold took over the mantle of being the primary attacking threat culminating in his excellent performance at the Scottish Cup final. Norwich is quite a step up although he was in the same league last year with Barnsley, but Norwich the sort of club for whom promotion to the EPL is always a distinct possibilty

• Agree 1

On 6/1/2017 at 11:01 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I see Ian Black has been released by Blackpool.  Wonder where he will end up next. Hope it is not with us. I think he is well past his best.

i personally think Black could do a job for us in the Championship 

7 minutes ago, mikeyrob73 said:

i personally think Black could do a job for us in the Championship 

Maybe Championship is his level now.   A good friend of mine is an avid, and regular,  Blackpool fan and saw Black play for them a few times (mostly as a sub) in the few months he was with them recently.  He was not impressed and was not surprised that he wasn't retained.

I think too much water has passed under the bridge since the 4 years or so he was with us.  He carries too much 'baggage' for my liking, is almost certainly going to run up enough yellow cards in a season to warrant a suspension, so, all in all,  he wouldn't be for me.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Andrew Shinnie has signed for League 2 Luton ... is that the best he can do and are we such a bad option that Luton is preferable?

Luton's average crowds and turnover are both approximately double ours. No great surprise.

Louis Laing has signed for Hartlepool, while Henri Anier has signed for FC Lahtiga in the Finnish top flight.

Also, Dean Ebbe seems to have turned out as a trialist for Drogheda in a friendly against Ipswich Town.

Edited by Renegade

An update on The Lionel King, the legendary Djebi-Zadi. Here he is playing in the Champions League earlier this year.

IMG_0126.JPG

African CL, qualifying round.

Now 35, he is still playing in Reunion, for St Louisienne.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Robert said:

Any word on Josh Meekings finding a new club?

Getting treatment at Dundee and has been training with Ross County I heard.

Also, I see Lewis Horner has returned to Blyth Spartans.

Pity we don't like looking at bringing Josh back, even on a short term pay as you play deal, to let him get his career back on track. 

Edited by Robert

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Pity we don't like looking at bringing Josh back, even on a short term pay as you play deal, to let him get his career back on track. 

He was offered a contract before Robbo took over and turned it down so not likely to accept a revised one now which would be a lot less!