Sign in to follow this  
Sneckboy

Ex-ICT players' news

Recommended Posts

Marley Watkins credited with an assist in the Championship for Norwich tonight, with Morais sent off for crumbling Bolton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marley Watkins red carded:redcard:in the last minute  for Norwich at Reading this evening (30 Sep)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Dean McDonald's name crop up on the "Remember this guy" thread.  I checked him out for interest.  He has had at least 12 clubs since his decidedly unsuccessful spell with us 10 years ago.  His best spell was a couple of seasons at Farnborough in 2009/11 where he scored 45 goals, would you believe, in 90 appearances.  This gained him a trial at Swansea City, but no contract. He moved clubs frequently after this, turning up at Dulwich Hamlet last season, a reasonably successful, London based, Isthmian league side. He scored half a dozen goals for DH, (all of which I missed ,btw, in my 2016 year end stats of ex ICT goal scorers).  He has now moved on to Merstham FC in the same league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I noticed Dean McDonald's name crop up on the "Remember this guy" thread.  I checked him out for interest.  He has had at least 12 clubs since his decidedly unsuccessful spell with us 10 years ago.  His best spell was a couple of seasons at Farnborough in 2009/11 where he scored 45 goals, would you believe, in 90 appearances.  This gained him a trial at Swansea City, but no contract. He moved clubs frequently after this, turning up at Dulwich Hamlet last season, a reasonably successful, London based, Isthmian league side. He scored half a dozen goals for DH, (all of which I missed ,btw, in my 2016 year end stats of ex ICT goal scorers).  He has now moved on to Merstham FC in the same league.

He had a trial at Celtic around the time he was at Swansea as well as I recall.  Very odd though that he's never managed to stay at any club for any length of time.  He's had 17 clubs and is still only 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I see Ian 'I'm good enough to play for anyone outside the EPL' Black has signed for......Chorley!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Ryan Christie played 90 minutes for Scotland last night - fantastic achievement.

Yes it is. Is he the first player from Inverness to play for Scotland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes it is. Is he the first player from Inverness to play for Scotland?

No.  Stuart Armstrong was born in Inverness as was John McGinlay.  There must be others too I'd imagine.

Edited by Renegade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Renegade said:

No.  Stuart Armstrong was born in Inverness as was John McGinlay.  There must be others too I'd imagine.

The earliest I can think of is Ted MacDougall but there must have been others before him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought John McGinlay would have been born in Fort William. He went to Lochaber High School, as did Donald Park and Duncan Shearer. I can't think of a successful player to come out of The Fort since that time!

Edited by Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just noticed that another man of many clubs, Ibra Sekajja, has now turned up at Bognor Regis town in the National League  South.  He has scored in 3 of his 4 outings for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.