Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

After the story about Blackman came up the other week, I had a look at Talk Celtic to see what they said about him.  Most said the same as us - decent player but a complete ned.  I did see this cracker though!

qot2fr.png

1eye.gif

Aye...that'll be it!

Apart from the Aberdeen trio, plus Armstrong at Celtic, and Rankin at Dundee Utd (if they scramble 4th place), there is one other ex ICT player who will be playing in Europe in 2015/16.

Any ideas?  

I'll give the answer later.  Btw, this will be too easy for some of you!

Montrose captain Garry Wood has signed for Formartine United.

Ironic that it was his wonder goal that prevented Montrose from 'slipping' into the Highland League - yet a week later he signs for a club in that very league! But there's more money, apparently, for him at Formartine.

Also in the Highland League, Andrew Greig of Brora has been named Highland League Player of the Year.

...and Craig MacMillan has left Buckie Thistle to sign for Rothes.

• Agree 1

Adam Macleod requires surgery on a knee injury and will miss the rest of Strathspey Thistle's season. Seems to be the same-old-story, with injuries blighting an otherwise promising career. He was a youth player for us at every age level from U10s to U19s and was reportedly the club's leading scorer for each of those 10 seasons. (I'm happy to be corrected if that 'stat' is an urban myth!)

Adam finally got operation on ripped miscuses and torn cartilages about a month ago. Been out for 9 months.Says he will be fit for start of season. Talk about bad luck, he missed last seasons final as he started training for a new job and had to be in Derby the day of the final, and he is flying out on holiday on Tuesday, missing the final on Saturday!!

• 2 weeks later...

Liam Fox has left Raith Rovers to take up a full-time coaching position at Hearts. At only 31, he's obviously still got a few years left as a player; but he'll predominately work with, and play for, their Development League squad. Possibly a good 'model' - having the older-headed 'boss' playing in the team, alongside the youth players he's coaching.

I read on BBC website that Curtis Allen, (plus one other Glentoran forward), missed their Europa Q1 tie last night because they were 'away on holiday'. Really surprised that they were allowed to be away for this game which Glentoran lost 1-4, leaving them a mountain to climb in Q2.  Maybe Glentoran don't see Europa Cup as important?

• Agree 1

I don't know what the 'rules' are at part-time clubs, but I know that Brora had similar problems for their end-of-season play-offs against Edinburgh City and Montrose.
Players away on pre-booked holidays, a couple were on stag weekends in Prague and Grant Munro was at his Grandparents wedding anniversary.
He (Munro) stated that the date had been set-in-stone for 50 years and wasn't going to miss it!

I read on BBC website that Curtis Allen, (plus one other Glentoran forward), missed their Europa Q1 tie last night because they were 'away on holiday'. Really surprised that they were allowed to be away for this game which Glentoran lost 1-4, leaving them a mountain to climb in Q2.  Maybe Glentoran don't see Europa Cup as important?

He did the same when he signed for us.  Missed the first part of pre-season with us, then came back unfit and unable to catch up.  He was also rubbish which also didn't help.