Birmingham Away

Conveniently I fly back from America, arriving in Manchester early Saturday morning. 2 hour journey from the airport to Birmingham and I'll be there for the game!

I've already booked to stay overnight in Manchester before flying home to Inverness on Sunday. That was lucky planning!

• Agree 1

Thinking of making a couple of nights of it. Hotel ibis Bordesley Circus (5 mins from ground) £79 Double room B&B for two nights. Anyone else fancy it?

Seriously wouldn't bother with that place the area around St Andrews isn't the most salubrious of places.  Go to a Premier Inn in the city centre or somewhere like Solihull.   For drinking go to Hennessy's or The Anchor in Digbeth, The Wellington on Bennetts Hill (Make sure you get the right Wellington!!!).  There's a few pubs around the ground but most aren't up to much, the Cricketers on Little Green Lane is prob the best option. There's loads of street parking or a church run car park on Coventry Rd just before the ground on the left if your coming from Bordesley Circus and one just past the ground on the right on Cattell Rd, providing they're open.

• Agree 2

Train from Solihull to Tysley from memory, 10 mins

On main match days some trains stop at Bordesley. Not sure if they do for friendlies though. If not then Small Heath would be the nearest on that line. Its about 1 mile from the ground.

Thinking of making a couple of nights of it. Hotel ibis Bordesley Circus (5 mins from ground) £79 Double room B&B for two nights. Anyone else fancy it?

Knew I should have checked before we booked in there :lol:

On main match days some trains stop at Bordesley. Not sure if they do for friendlies though. If not then Small Heath would be the nearest on that line. Its about 1 mile from the ground.

Can you get there from New Street?

New Street doesn't serve Bordesley but Moor Street does, the chances of a train stopping there though are slim.  You're better off getting a taxi, bus or just walk it, takes about half an hour to walk and is a straight forward route.

Used to live just 3 miles from St Andrews and would love to get down to Brum for the game and catch up with friends and family down there but we'll be out of the country that weekend.  Sounds great that so many ICT fans are planning to get to the game.

Favourite Brummie joke.

Q.  What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

A.  You can't wash your hands in a buffalo!

A Brummie ask's what is the quickest way to get from London to Birmingham buy rail. The ticket office guy says "You take the Slough train". The Brummie says "Sod that, I want to take the fast train."

Boom, Boom.

Suggested route for the Birmingham March 2014 -  The Sunflower Lounge - Big Bulls Head - Old Crown - Spotted Dog - Clements Arms.

Suggested route for the Birmingham March 2014 -  The Sunflower Lounge - Big Bulls Head - Old Crown - Spotted Dog - Clements Arms.

Clements is shut!

• 2 weeks later...

Raith Rovers

Fleetwood

Birmingham

Seem to me the only friendlies that will give the team a proper work out

The rest against part timers and non - League teams with the possible exception of Elgin are nothing more than  mild training sessions are ICT having enough pre-season pressures ?

Unless I have missed something

Laurence look at the preseason fixtures of many teams and you'll see they start in similar vain. A couple of games against lower league / amatuer to build on match fitness then a couple of games against slightly more trying opposition to build on match sharpness then some equal or better to get into the swing for season start. Even Chelsea do it starting with Wycombe then Wimbledon.

Laurence look at the preseason fixtures of many teams and you'll see they start in similar vain. A couple of games against lower league / amatuer to build on match fitness then a couple of games against slightly more trying opposition to build on match sharpness then some equal or better to get into the swing for season start. Even Chelsea do it starting with Wycombe then Wimbledon.

I am worried we will go to Hamilton unprepared for the  barrage that newly promoted teams always start the season with, besides Accies are a bit of a bogey team

I think we will not be ready?

Chelsea could play their own reserves and get a better try out than most teams

Most of Chelsea players have been to the World cup and are as fit as butchers dogs

Edited by Laurence