Clach v ICT

RossP

This guy created a bit of a sensation a couple of seasons back when he scored two goals for 3rd division US Quevilly to knock Olympique Marsseille out of the quarter finals of the French Cup. Goals are on youtube. Quevilly lost final 1-0 to Lyon and Ayina came off the bench in dying minutes. Interesting to see how trial pans out.

• Agree 1

Don't rate the trialist much tbh,

First half stand out was Tansey, who was commanding the midfield superbly,

Second half the team looked a lot more familiar with a good performance from several

One point though was the amount of opportunities to shoot that were instead passed was a slightly worrying reminder of last half of last season all in all a good wee workout to get pre-season started

Edited by ferben1994

A very convincing win for ICT tonight. I thought the team as a whole looked sharp, I thought that the second half performance was much better than the first.

Regarding the trialist Jean Christophe Aynia, I thought that he had a reasonable game and took his goal very well but I can see what others are saying when they said he looked average. I noticed on his Wikipedia page that the boy only played 2 games for Santander so I can understand why he is lacking match fitness but it's certainly a step in the right direction by all means.

Guest Shaun

A very convincing win for ICT tonight. I thought the team as a whole looked sharp, I thought that the second half performance was much better than the first.

Regarding the trialist Jean Christophe Aynia, I thought that he had a reasonable game and took his goal very well but I can see what others are saying when they said he looked average. I noticed on his Wikipedia page that the boy only played 2 games for Santander so I can understand why he is lacking match fitness but it's certainly a step in the right direction by all means.

I take it that the trialist was definitely Ayina? Also, any news on boy Baptie signing?

I take it that the trialist was definitely Ayina? Also, any news on boy Baptie signing?

Yes it was most definitely Ayina. I am not sure about Baptie he wasn't there tonight.

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Ayina scored five in seventeen games for Santander last season including four in last three games. Looks like Santander must have released him after they won segunda B (Spanish third tier).

• Agree 1

@Paul_A_Irving: Draper, Esson, Shinnie, Doran, Brown, Warren, Raven and Shinnie are all on. The unknown man is always staying on and Meekings is also off.

Have we re-signed Andrew?

Mike Andrew?

Hopefully the French trialist will get some game-time against Fort William on Saturday. Will help with his fitness and may even get amongst the goals!

Although advertised as an ICT U20 game, I'm sure there's no obligation to field only the youth players. Even officially sanctioned SPFL U20's games allow 3 (I think) overage players.

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Ayina scored five in seventeen games for Santander last season including four in last three games. Looks like Santander must have released him after they won segunda B (Spanish third tier).

Where did you get that info ? Do you have a link please ?

Hopefully the French trialist will get some game-time against Fort William on Saturday. Will help with his fitness and may even get amongst the goals!

Although advertised as an ICT U20 game, I'm sure there's no obligation to field only the youth players. Even officially sanctioned SPFL U20's games allow 3 (I think) overage players.

Hughes told STV that he has now gone back home but will sign him if it's financially right for the club.

• Agree 1

Where did you get that info ? Do you have a link please ?

http://ca.soccerway.com/players/john-christophe-ayina/157950/

http://www.futbol24.com/team/Spain/Racing-Santander/results/

• Agree 1