THE DANCING

JIMFURD

Scarlet - remember the Chrysler Sunbeam Talbot - made at Linwood's troubled plant just not far from where we reside, . Now long gone of course.

Yes - I remember Clancy of the Mounted. Was it Mounted or Mounties?

Do you remember Nyoka the Jungle Girl - a sort of female Tarzan if memory serves me

Spelt Chrysler and was that also a Sunbeam Talbot?

Jim Fird--did you ever see "Clancy of the Mounted" at  the La Scala. All about our "finest" -- Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Funny how that name sticks although I was  a very little boy at the time. :smile:

That's the belt for my bad spelling!  Chrysler Talbot had 2 models in the 70's the Sunbeam was a small 3 door hatchback and the other was the Alpine which was a 4/5 door family saloon/hatchback although they had the older names they were not good cars like the old ones with the same names!

All noted with humility.

I am currently running a Chrysler product--the 2008 Sebring sport .Nice car. Hence the imperative to spell the company's name right.

:clapping:

Clancy, IBM, was a Mountie (a member of the Royal North West Mounted Police) both on and off his horse. But when on his horse he was certainly also mounted and really....mea culpa....I am deffo a mountebank for drawing your attention to the spelling thing  anyway ? :

Well, I think that in the mid 18-hundreds the rebel named Lois Riel (used to be called a half-breed but not now...indigenous member of Canadian Society or something nowadays) posed a half-baked threat to the Brits who were in power in Ottawa. So they formed the North West Mounted Polis to go after him..which they did with a large enough posse of troops as well and obliterated him and his merrie men. Actually he survived and was hanged with suitable glee by the Sanctimonious of the time. Needless to say Indigenous natives have suffered all kinds of privations and rotten attitudes and treatment since then. Which was , as much as anything, the reason why Geronimo made fools of the Yankees for years and ended up being honoured by them. But--that's for another day because all I can say is .. "don't get me started."

Sorry--can't remember the Japanese girl, IBM. Was she  like  a female Tarzan?

Shand and Lindsay - you must be joking.  Too old fashioned, and too dear, Suits at Hepworths and clobber at Johnstons in the Market or Duncan Chisholms were the places to go for me

Shand and Lindsay - you must be joking.  Too old fashioned, and too dear, Suits at Hepworths and clobber at Johnstons in the Market or Duncan Chisholms were the places to go for me

Johnstons in the market used to do all the latest lines in the long buttoned collars, crimplene ties etc that used to be popular into the second half of the 60s. I remember getting this shirt with this shiny, silvery stuff through it which was all the rage in about 1966.

So which one is you IHE or did you take the pic?

Remember the Teds with the drape jackets and all the rest although I have to admit I never ever took to the look. Probably because I was always a little bit "  vertically challenged" as they say albeit not quite a wee bauchle and my hair would never go into a DA at all.

TUT.Tut, Charlie.   Re post # 243. Behave yourself.

As I said before, which apparently you have missed, you should take anything old Scarlet says with a pinch of salt.

By the by, eh em not a colonial. I was born before long before you were in Inverness and only left when HMG forced me to spend two long years in National Service uniform at the colossal wage of 7 guineas a fortnight.

And what do you know about Canadian politics? As a "stay-at-home -pontificator" you doubtless think Stephen Harper is a harbor seal (Harper variety) from Nova Scotia.

:notworthy:

I wish they would pull Fort George down, it's an ugly monument to British repression of (some of) the Highland people. Used to hate going there as a kid. 

No dougiedanger it must remain and all its history told "in particular the repression of the highlanders"

I wish they would pull Fort George down, it's an ugly monument to British repression of (some of) the Highland people. Used to hate going there as a kid. 

No dougiedanger it must remain and all its history told "in particular the repression of the highlanders"

Maybe you're right, we could use it to lock up unionists when we get our independence. :smile:

Maybe you're right, we could use it to lock up unionists when we get our independence. :smile:

I often wonder at what equivalent stage, between the Munich Putsch and the latter days in the Fuhrerbunker, Nationalism in Scotland is currently at? :smile:

Edited by Charles Bannerman