Deveronvale v Inverness Caley Thistle

Sneckboy

Any light shed yet on the identity of said trialist ?

He looked a lot like Alan Gow to me. Certainly not a youngster but he did play about 70 mins so would Gow's injury allow him to have done that. Gow isn't a central midfielder

His natural role is the 'Andy Shinnie role'

And who said that 

Any light shed yet on the identity of said trialist ?

He looked a lot like Alan Gow to me. Certainly not a youngster but he did play about 70 mins so would Gow's injury allow him to have done that. Gow isn't a central midfielder

His natural role is the 'Andy Shinnie role'

And who said that

Nobody, just that he plays there usually or up front from his early days. So he could have played central mid last night.

Lewis Horner apparently. Midfielder most recently of Blyth Spartans. Spent a couple of seasons at Hibs but only made a couple of appearances in the first team spending most of his time at Easter Road on loan to East Stirling.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

Like Gow, he's one of Yogi's former players.  Fully enough as soon as we appointed Hughes, I fully expected our transfer activity to be centred around his old boys, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one to be a bit underwhelmed at that prospect. But if these guys prove themselves good enough, that's fine by me. 

Interestingly back in April, Horner retweeted "Yogi had Hibs playing the best football by a mile."

• Agree 1

I can't name who it was, but it wasn't Gow.

Don't quite understand the attempt at secrecy.

No attempt at secrecy, I just couldn't remember the name off hand when posting :lol:

Interesting (or not) fact.  Horner made his first professional appearance against ICT.

Lewis Horner apparently. Midfielder most recently of Blyth Spartans. Spent a couple of seasons at Hibs but only made a couple of appearances in the first team spending most of his time at Easter Road on loan to East Stirling.

Tell you what, if he is only 22 years old he must have had one hell of a paper round judging by what I saw on Wednesday.

Yep! Some years ago when my wife's son came over to  this area we decided to get him a paper round. He was just a young teenager and he worked very hard whilst I drove him and his papers round the doors..

It's a tough job in all weathers and the kids are paid a pittance. Here , in British Columbia, the law is that any worker must be paid a minimum wage. For example, when the min. wage was 8.50 per hour the paper people were paying him about $3.50 or something. which for this job is close to slave labour.

So I got onto them and told them thay had better pay him properly or else. Finally he quit and I had to demand the back pay which they were glad to cough up since few if any parents  complain and that is why they get away with it. Parents probably really don't know what a slog it is in all weathers and some kids don't even have fathers who drive them around.

But this is the Wild West, chums, and it's only the squeaky wheel that gets the oil .

Some people, the former Mayor of this city, Maple Ridge, once told me in a rather heated argument over trains blowing their Klaxin horns in the early hours (sounded like a battalion of the Ghurka's passing through and waking everybody up.) that "it's people like you that have convinced me not to run again in the next election:." ........  Ha! Ha!

Did he quit? not a chance, Gordie liked the limelight and the fat paycheck too much. And the trains no longer blow their 10,000 decibel horns as they pass through..Whee! :lol:

Grrrrr!

then co mplied!

How did the lad Horner play, is he worth a punt?

Not as good as we have, but it's hard to say on one game. Tansey has been one of the better things in pre-season and he certainly wasn't up to his ability. With our midfield I would say it would be a waste of a wage. Yogi has said there is no point paying a player to sit in the stand.

Its only the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

I will remember that one. I hope no one asks for an explanation though, unless they're 2 shillings short of a six pence.

Lol.

Used that one a few times myself even though I'm only half the age of the pimple.

I can't get over parents driving their kids round the papers though, my dad would have told me to feck off.

12th man--that's a realty old and wise saying but Mantis  is a highly educated man and my joining this august site was entirely his fault. But even if he is only half my age he should still address me with a capital P in deference to good social criteria and my exalted age. After all, a pimple with a small "p" is all red, round and looks like Mt. St Helens just down the road in Washington State, U.S.A., a few years ago just before she decided to blow out one of her sides and devastated half the State causing many deaths as well. Now would old Scarlet do a thing like that?

I drove the boy round on his paper route  because when he came over here from Ukraine he had to spend more time on his lessons and attending ESL classes (English as a Second Language) because he soon realised that using sign language alone  often gave the wrong impression. e.g in Ukraine putting the finger up might mean "I would like to answer that Miss." whereas here it might mean something completely different.... :laugh:..... especially if the knuckles were pointed outwards. A lad in his young teens in a foreign land and unable to understand the lingo faces many challenges and all members of the Pimple clan are taught at birth  "Never fail to help a lame dog over a style."

Now, of course, he speaks better English than most and entirely without any accent and, if asked to speak Russian, he would have  a bit of a problem whilst the brain switched gears. He has only one fault..he's not interested in football too much..SIGH!