Richie Foran

Big G

Suspect we will not see much of Ritchie this season as his style of play lends itself to picking up injuries and starting the season without a full pre season doesn't look good .

Saw Danny Devine at Simpsons at the weekend looking pretty well crippled struggling to walk freely

Josh Meekings also injured

Doubt we will be signing any big strong striker as we all hoped unless these 3 show a rapid improvement

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Foran speaks!...naturally tipping his country to do us over! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30026747

I happily accept that - he's a proud Dubliner after all - but I really hope we see him playing again for Inverness, and that his shoulder injury hasn't prematurely ended his career.

He always seemed to keep himself fit and at 34, has hopefully got another 2 seasons, but playing he'll have lost the proverbial 'yard of pace' now, one would expect - but he could still be effective in central or left midfield. But most likely, off the bench.

We're not stuck for players in that role - and, sadly there's no room for sentiment.

Just checked, I'd forgotten we've got him signed until 2017!! If he doesn't make it back, then a coaching role within the club would be a natural step.

TBH I can't see even a 100% Foran getting into the first choice starting line up these days.  He would not even be a cert to be on the bench.  Of course we will have spells with injuries and suspensions and that will probably give him an opportunity for a game or two but I think we've seen the last of him as a regular starter.  He's been great for the club, but we are considerably stronger in midfield now and his is a little bit older.  We may not be seeing a contribution from Richie on the field but should not under-estimate his contribution off it.

TBH I can't see even a 100% Foran getting into the first choice starting line up these days.  He would not even be a cert to be on the bench.  Of course we will have spells with injuries and suspensions and that will probably give him an opportunity for a game or two but I think we've seen the last of him as a regular starter.  He's been great for the club, but we are considerably stronger in midfield now and his is a little bit older.  We may not be seeing a contribution from Richie on the field but should not under-estimate his contribution off it.

Not so sure we should be writing off Richie as a first team regular just yet.

• Agree 1

Has been doing his badges for a while now and has also been helping out with coaching at TCS. Indeed I recall an article a month or so ago where Hughes stated Richie would be next Inverness manager. To have an outsider come to our club with a desire to stay for the long haul shows that Inverness and Inverness CT must be something special.

• Agree 3

Foran seemed to be quite involved with the reserve team last week along with Duncan Shearer.  Put your house on him being the next manager.

Wonder what that'd mean for Yogi though?  Would we just not renew his contract or unless we made him Director of Football or something?

Foran seemed to be quite involved with the reserve team last week along with Duncan Shearer.  Put your house on him being the next manager.

Wonder what that'd mean for Yogi though?  Would we just not renew his contract or unless we made him Director of Football or something?

Latapy demoting to first team coach with Foran stepping up as Assistant would be my wild guess. 

Latapy demoting to first team coach with Foran stepping up as Assistant would be my wild guess. 

Why would any of those situations happen? Yogi will take us to Europe and then get head hunted and the rest will be history. Much like the history of most of our previous managers

• Agree 1

For what possible reasons would the sane management of ICT dump Mr Hughes in favour of a player with no management experience at this level?

Unless a total disaster befalls the club I can not possibly imagine any such occurrence.

If Richie is seen as  a future management trainee he will require to start at the bottom like all other prospects. Don't forget he may be very smart indeed and shrewd as a manager but unless you have actually been involved in coaching direct then he will have to learn that part of the trade first hand.

Bughtmaster , you are correct . We do have a very smart Chairman  AND he is also has character and therefore I foresee that he will loyal to his faithful servants, especially when a good working relationship has been established between them.

Now I don't know Mr Hughes personally, but would there be a possibility that he may be considered in due course for a higher position at this club on the basis of knowledge, personality and character. Looking at it from a distance I would suggest--yes. :clapping:

Has Richie not publicly stated before that he fancies going over to the States to do coaching?  Once he's got his badges he could well be offski.  But if the club support him in getting his badges whilst he is under contract here, I am sure he can be a great asset to the club off the pitch for a couple of years even if he doesn't win a place back on the pitch.

Has Richie not publicly stated before that he fancies going over to the States to do coaching?  Once he's got his badges he could well be offski.  But if the club support him in getting his badges whilst he is under contract here, I am sure he can be a great asset to the club off the pitch for a couple of years even if he doesn't win a place back on the pitch.

That was what his legal rep stated when he was in court which I took to be a plea for a lighter sentence!

For what possible reasons would the sane management of ICT dump Mr Hughes in favour of a player with no management experience at this level?

Unless a total disaster befalls the club I can not possibly imagine any such occurrence.

If Richie is seen as  a future management trainee he will require to start at the bottom like all other prospects. Don't forget he may be very smart indeed and shrewd as a manager but unless you have actually been involved in coaching direct then he will have to learn that part of the trade first hand.

Bughtmaster , you are correct . We do have a very smart Chairman  AND he is also has character and therefore I foresee that he will loyal to his faithful servants, especially when a good working relationship has been established between them.

Now I don't know Mr Hughes personally, but would there be a possibility that he may be considered in due course for a higher position at this club on the basis of knowledge, personality and character. Looking at it from a distance I would suggest--yes. :clapping:

The club appears to look after its pennies, so I dont know if a job could just be created to keep someone at the club.  They already have people doing professional jobs free of charge to help out the club, the chairman and other staff can also be seen running the car boot sales on a Sunday. So unless he wants to do voluntary work I dont know if the budget can stretch that far, I imagine that if they had more money they would love to give it to the players but if the funds arent there then they cant.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...