ICT vs Fleetwood Town

Gavroche

Team line : Brill, Raven, Shinnie, Warren, Tremarco, Vincent, Tansey, Williams, Christie, Doran, McKay.

Subs : Esson, Trialist (number 6), Ross, J.Brown, C.Brown, Watkins, Polworth.

• Agree 1

@ICTFC : 3 minutes great break from shinnie, cross doran and just wide from vincent.

@ICTFC : 7 minutes, great 20 yarder from tansey. Inverness are passing through this team really well. Looking promising for the season.

@ ICTFC : first 15 minutes and so far so good. Fleetwood are a tidy side, but that's a meaty challenge. FK 20 yards out, Tansey so close.

@ICTFC : 33 minutes, Proctor has the ball in the net for Fleetwood, but offside. Nice move though.

@ICTFC : another dangerous corner from fletwood, who are coming back into this. Morris and Proctor are impressing.

@ICTFC : 39 minutes and a great ball from Christie puts Mckay in. Great block by Maxwell.

Edited by Gavroche

Just had our seventh pre=season win......................... looking forward to the reports from those that were there

ICT 2 - Fleetwood Town 1 result

:ictscarf: 

Hot afternoon good result.Not convinced with the passing game Billy must be fed up of the lone striker role. Time will tell still a good result

Not convinced with the current style of play. We looked dangerous on the 1 or 2 counter attacks we had. A lot of possession but not too many shots on goal. Yogi was doing a lot of shouting, but I got the impression not many of the players were listening. Some tidy play and a win, but against better opposition we will struggle.

Edited by MuirtownJaggy

Having been to all pre-season games I have to say this was much better. Forget Clach and Forres the other games have left me with a lot of doubts. Today I think we mixed things up more and broke from defence to attack much quicker. I do think the pi***ng about at the back will cause us major problems in league games.

Regardless of how we're playing in these friendlies, as soon as the league starts, everyone already has us sussed.

Unless we find someone to partner Billy or to play an attacking role behind, wether a new transfer or a player at the club, all these tactics may be rendered useless because all clubs needed to do was clamp down on Billy and we were useless.

It's nice to hear we're trying new things and yes, it may contribute to more attacking opportunities but as we all know, they need to be converted and if the shackles are on McKay.. then aye, last season all over again.

Good possession football, but not enough chances created from it all. Fleetwood were a big side, but were not very good and yet they created as much as we did off scraps. There was also the usual loss of possession deep in defence (Tremarco), which could have led to a goal - too many of them last season. Shinnie and Christie stand-outs in first half, Raven, Tansey Williams and Warren also looked good. My biggest worry is that all we heard from the bench all afternoon was "keep it" - no mention of actually trying to make things happen or quickening the pace. We'll be easy to play against, I fear: just let us have it and hit on the break.

You win nothing for possession!

• Agree 1

There was plenty of crisp passing on show, the 1st goal came from a raven cross which arrived like a dambusters bouncing bomb, from the far end it looked like it may have gone in anyway ( may have been totally different for those with a better viewpoint) but Billy was there to put it away, they equalised from a header in the box and a continual bombardment of their goal mouth resulted in Vincent being on hand to score, I think on the 4th attempt at goal by a 4 man goalbound relay team,

They didnt really trouble us too much, Brill had a quietish afrernoon and for the amount of times we opened them up on both wings, passed through the middle or fast counter attacking play I felt the scoreline could have been higher especially with the quality we have on the pitch.

If the trialist was wearing the number 6 he certainly didn't look out of place and wasn't scared to have a blast at goal when nothing else was on.

he looked to be playing in cdm a possible back up for foran / draper maybe?

Edited by Ayeseetee

Cracking day for a game of fitba. Passing was good, at times and Dave got some good crosses in the box.

Crying out for assistance for Billy though. Christie shone and is an intelligent player who can see a pass and broke forward when he could.

Thought Williams played well for the first half and Tansey knocked it around well too, although his tendency to play the killer ball more often than not doesn't come off.

Its still ''friendly' time so not going to be to concerned, would still like to see at least 2 fresh faces even if on loan to keep things interesting.

I thought today was a good test for the lads cause it's a bit of a step up from the likes of Elgin and Clach etc. One thing I thought we did well with today was our passing and I have to praise the lads for using the widths of the pitch a bit more than we were back in April when we were ridiculously narrow. I do agree about the points raised about the possession retention, one bad pass and it's quickly a dangerous situation if we are passing it about too much in our own half. I really think we need a few signings and mostly a new striker - am not overly convinced Marley Watkins is the answer. I would have liked to see Danny Williams on the wings today but he does do a decent job in midfield to be fair. 

I didn't think Fleetwood were up to much today to be honest but a not bad wee side in truth and wish them all the best for their season ahead. 

The trialist today was Lewis Horner. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Good win against decent opposition but we looked suspect at times. We pass in our own box more than anywhere else but it was becoming more fluent as the game went on. No joy down the right with Vincent out wide, it will never work. Originally wasnt a fan of Williams through the middle but thought he played quite well today, was tidy with possession and did his best to get forward.

Christie looked very sharp, twisting and turning and scrapping for space and Tansey held the fort firmly, spraying passes and kept control of the game. The trialist Horner showed some neat play when he got on, not sure where hes from but he did well.

Neither side created a great deal of chances though Billy had a guilt edge chance before he scored and Fleetwood hit the post in the 2nd half but a wins a win. Was a bit peeved with Fleetwood's approach to the game though, they seemed intent on injuring players, not the best approach for a pre season game.

The lack of options at the moment though is a real concern for me. Up front and at the back we look rather thin on the ground. New faces are needed. 

Edited by AJS