Development League info. (2014/15)

Sneckboy

Game tomorrow (Monday 22nd) at 1pm - away against Hamilton Accies on their artificial turf.

They're 'flying' in this league at the moment and sit top with 37 points. We're 16th with 10 points. The've also got the meanest defence in the league, whereas we are the team with the least goals scored....so if the lads can pick up their first away win in this game, it would be quite an achievement!

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/development-league/development-league-table/

Would I be right in assuming this is Ibra Sekajja's least game in an Inverness shirt?

He's just not been good enough it seems. Fair play to the manager for not going for a full-term deal and instead offering the lad a chance to see what he could do.

No big deal and no surprise, he's 22, a striker and has scored 1 goal! 

And none in over 3 years!

If they can hang on to these young players Hamilton would appear to have a few bright years ahead with the prospect of yet more transfer cash in the bank at the end.

What is it that they do with their youths that we don't ? Are there lessons for us to learn ?

Apparently the boy Brophy that scored a hat-trick today has scored 3 hat tricks in their last four games (including today) that is some feat. Hamilton have always been miles ahead with their youth development. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly worrying that a team containing Vincent, Christie, Horner and Polworth got pumped. Am I right i saying that we seem to fade in 2nd half at U20 level - a few times we seem to have been in the game at half time and then completely gubbed at the end?!

Just realised I only included 10 players in the team listed!

Missed out Daniel Devine.

Mackay

Horner

Baptie

Brown

Devine

Polworth

Wilson

Vincent

Blackett

Sutherland

Christie

As PerfICT states, it's quite a strong team - probably the strongest we've fielded in the Development League with 6 players with first-team experience. So, yeah, a poor result - although the scorelines aren't of too much significance.

Just realised I only included 10 players in the team listed!

Missed out Daniel Devine.

Mackay

Horner

Baptie

Brown

Devine

Polworth

Wilson

Vincent

Blackett

Sutherland

Christie

As PerfICT states, it's quite a strong team - probably the strongest we've fielded in the Development League with 6 players with first-team experience. So, yeah, a poor result - although the scorelines aren't of too much significance.

Sorry Sneckboy but I can't agree that results are not significant at this level. Yes it is all about player development but these boys need to be measured against similar opposition and results are normally a good gauge on how we are getting on. My personal feeling is that a club of our size would benefit more from a Reserve League which gives our squad players and quality youngsters a regular game. This may mean that we only have one or two boys taken in to the full-time set up each year but these boys would at least be training each day with our first team players which would improve them no end.

I was there for 75 minutes. Nothing much between the teams but we didn't create much tbh. Christie was playing in a very deep position and This wasn't one of poor Polworths better days. A bit of trivia for anyone old enough to remember Wilson Robertson. His son was playing number 3 for Dons.

• Agree 4

I was there for 75 minutes. Nothing much between the teams but we didn't create much tbh. Christie was playing in a very deep position and This wasn't one of poor Polworths better days. A bit of trivia for anyone old enough to remember Wilson Robertson. His son was playing number 3 for Dons.

There were a lot worse performers than Liam Polworth! Seem's a bit unfair to single out any one player when there were so many disappointing performances.

Didn't mean to single him out tbh just know he can play so much better than this? Was knocking on first team door or in it earlier in season and now seems to have faded away? I will admit to being a bit concerned for his future giving that he's out of contract at the end of the season?

Edited by old caley girl