Hughes comments

Doofer

I don't think anyone wants Hughes to fail. I have met Yogi on numerous occasions , before and since he became the manager, and I like him a lot finding him knowledgeable, funny and interesting. I'm just not convinced by the tactics he wants to play but hope above hope that he's right and I'm totally wrong and I think a lot of people feel the same.

• Agree 3

I don't want Yogi to fail. I have never met him but he comes over as an amiable decent character. It doesn't stop me having concerns about his track record and ongoing shortcomings as a manager.

I still can't understand why there are those to continue to equate expressing doubts about his ability with an eagerness for him to fail.

• Agree 4

I don't want Yogi to fail. I have never met him but he comes over as an amiable decent character. It doesn't stop me having concerns about his track record and ongoing shortcomings as a manager.

I still can't understand why there are those to continue to equate expressing doubts about his ability with an eagerness for him to fail.

Most of the happy clappers on here are more akin to the trolls from what I can see.  Most seem to spend most of their time attacking other posters, as opposed to actually going into an in-depth reasoning into what they think, particularly in regards to tactics and new ideas etc.

• Agree 1

What ongoing shortcomings are you referring to Kingsmills. J  H has implemented his plans very well to date and is leading us up a highly strategic path towards success, Teams are already trying to incorporate our stlye of play into theirs because they know we are a threat and this in itself is gratifying.

Renegade I am also a realist when it comes to serious football, I may jest a bit at times on light hearted matters but I do give considerable thought to what I am going to post when it is down to the nitty gritty. Things I cannot abide though are injustices to Team ICT be it the management or players. Criticism if  structured and honest is good but done without full deliberation, maliciously or ''for a laff'' is wasteful and detrimental to the team image. There are some as I am sure you well know fall into this category and I hasten to add that I do not include yourself as one of the offenders

What ongoing shortcomings are you referring to Kingsmills. J  H has implemented his plans very well to date and is leading us up a highly strategic path towards success, Teams are already trying to incorporate our stlye of play into theirs because they know we are a threat and this in itself is gratifying.

Renegade I am also a realist when it comes to serious football, I may jest a bit at times on light hearted matters but I do give considerable thought to what I am going to post when it is down to the nitty gritty. Things I cannot abide though are injustices to Team ICT be it the management or players. Criticism if  structured and honest is good but done without full deliberation, maliciously or ''for a laff'' is wasteful and detrimental to the team image. There are some as I am sure you well know fall into this category and I hasten to add that I do not include yourself as one of the offenders

If the plan is to retain the ball largely in our own half with little concern to attack. entertain, score goals or win matches at home then all is going well and there are few shortcomings.

If, on the other hand, you like your football seasoned with the odd cutting forward move, some goals and a few home  wins then, I continue to maintain that there still might be the odd shortcoming.

With regard to your second paragraph, can you cite a few examples of the sort of post you find to be based purely on malice and 'for a laff' ?

Edited by Kingsmills

It's this ^^^. Why is there a need to put "does he even go to games?" after a perfectly justified "don't rise to him". If we all took a step back and cut out the jibes there would be no negatives or happy clappers. just ICT fans.

• Agree 2

It's this ^^^. Why is there a need to put "does he even go to games?" after a perfectly justified "don't rise to him". If we all took a step back and cut out the jibes there would be no negatives or happy clappers. just ICT fans.

I think there is a need , how can the poster give the opinion if he doesn't see the team play ?

• Agree 1

Going back to the OP. Seems to me that Hughes is essentially saying, and to use a Hughes catchphrase here, that we won't rest on our laurels. We do indeed need to do the talking on the pitch and pick up the points there to get into the top 6.

We cannot ever think that because we have finished top 6 before we are somehow entitled to remain there. You have to work hard just to stay at the same level.

If we start believing our own hype then we'll start to get like Hibs. Forever thinking that because they are one of the best supported and biggest clubs in the league they somehow have a god given right to just turn up and win. It rubs off on the players and they end up getting caught out.

• Agree 2