Hamilton v Inverness CT

Scotty

Sorry post #67 but I have to disagree that the spfl is boring. I saw plenty of thrilling and exciting 'attacking' football whilst watching Caley last year and throughout the 18 years of following the club. I understand that someone in your position must kowtow to the status quo. However myself and the majority of others find passing the ball along the defenseive line 50 times eye bleeding!

But I suppose that's only my opinion

anyone wanting to watch the highlights just send me a personal message they are up if you know where to look.

(same with future games on a saturday I can't post them directly on here unfortunately)

Edited by Ayeseetee

Sadly missed the game but had the new strip on at Belladrum many compliments on it and loads of (I assume) ICT fans asking the score. Not really relevant to feck all but I thought I'd share that.

Yep............first time I have felt the need to buy a pie in a long time. I had an American visitor with me who wanted to try Irn Bru..............can you believe that they did not have any?.in Hamilton?

A very satisfactory first day and I agree with a lot of what is being said here. Hamilton were very poor but they should still have scored a couple of goals..........one from a free header first half and another when an on rushing player seem to take the ball with his wrong peg  ten yards out. So certainly no room for complacency. The stuff at the back makes me very nervous and I would rather not see it. Watkins was sensational when he came on and must start I feel .It will be interesting to see how we react to a different test and whether we have gears.. Great start boys................Well done everyone

Oh yeah.............and 9/10

Sorry post #67 but I have to disagree that the spfl is boring. I saw plenty of thrilling and exciting 'attacking' football whilst watching Caley last year and throughout the 18 years of following the club. I understand that someone in your position must kowtow to the status quo. However myself and the majority of others find passing the ball along the defenseive line 50 times eye bleeding!

But I suppose that's only my opinion

I don't "kotow" to anyone, and neither am I required to. Just stating my opinion.

I wasn't aware Hamilton Accies were a mini-Rangers unionist club.  Fans with an Accie-fied Union flag, allegedly selling "Vote No" t-shirts in the club shop and displaying advertising boards for a charity set-up by former-BNP members (which also states a very antagonistic slogan by the way).

Also, what does it say about Hamilton itself when the programme features adverts for both Alcoholic's and Cocaine Anonymous?!

I wasn't aware Hamilton Accies were a mini-Rangers unionist club.  Fans with an Accie-fied Union flag, allegedly selling "Vote No" t-shirts in the club shop and displaying advertising boards for a charity set-up by former-BNP members (which also states a very antagonistic slogan by the way).

Those ******** for having political opinions!

Just watching Sportscene and noticed Michael Stewart is in the Ryan Christie fan club this season, as for the unshaven one from St Mirren the usual no comment from him. To be fair he did say Billy worked hard for his goal, but nothing about the style of play from ICT

I thought it was a good solid performance from ICT but there are still some dodgy issues at the back. We almost let Hamilton back in the game on several occasions and we will get punished for these errors against the better sides in the league. There were times when we'd break away up field with some good passing football only to run out of ideas in the final third. The ball would then be passed around and it sometimes went back to Deano in goal. Marley was excellent when he came on in the second half and definitely livened up the game for us. Aaron too gave us more options and they both could have bagged a goal each. I feel they should start but, then again, it adds that quality option on the bench too. Tough choice for Yogi maybe.

Pleased to hear that Watkins had a good game when he came on.... I feel he could be an important player for us if he could consistently at a high tempo. Bit like Doran I suppose, you can look really really dangerous at times. There will definitely be one match this season where these guys both play brilliantly for the whole match and rip the opposition to threads!

What I was very happy about, was the movement off the ball.  Far improved on last season and I was also very impressed on how we won the ball back when we did lose it.  We really are putting players under pressure now and hounding the ball now, instead of sitting back and waiting for it to arrive.  While I didn't think that we were going full pelt, had we not had the two lucky brakes for the goals, we've have found a way of scoring anyway.  We played very well and I thought that Hughes got it absolutely right.  If we carry on as we did on Saturday and improve on it still, we should be top six yet again.

• Agree 2

I've only seen brief highlights and will therefore restrict my comments to Billy's goal.  It wasn't a spectacular strike or the result of a breathtaking passing movement but it really was a brilliantly taken goal.  His awareness to see the opportunity, his vision to see what needed to be done, his control to execute it and his bravery to take that deft touch when he knew he was going to get clattered by the keeper were all top drawer.  There are very few strikers who would have taken that opportunity and lets hope the qualities he displayed there gives him the confidence to score many more.