ICT v Dundee Pre-Match Thread

Think we should start with the same team that started on Saturday. I know people have been calling for Watkins to start, but I feel he (and Doran) are excellent impact subs to have and it could prove more beneficial to us to have them running at tired defences with half an hour or so left.

Dundee probably won't sit back too much so it should be a fairly open game. If Draper and Tansey can get the better of Harkins and Thomson in the middle of the park we should be able to win this.

I don't understand Hughes's fascination with turning Vincent into a winger.  The guy's clearly out of position.  Doran and particularly Watkins looked far more dangerous when they came on.  Williams deserves to keep his place though I think.

• Agree 1

I'm absolutely in favour of impact subs.  30 mins to go and you bring on one of your talented players to skin an already tired full-back.  Yep, a great idea.  But for that, why not naturally wide players, e.g. Doran and Watkins, even Ross, then bring on another talent, such as Williams (the order can vary).  With Vincent, the full-back won't be dragged here-and-there as that's just not his game.  It's Christie/Vincent or Tansey/Vincent.  That's his position.

Anyway, I'm going with Renegade's team for this.

In the Women's under 20 international match Canada, playing  against Finland, brought on two subs within  minutes of each other in the second half  and both subs scored within 3-5 minutes of taking  the field.

That brought the score back to par 2-2 and made the game far more interesting. Final score was Canada 3 Finland 2.

Good game . :clapping:

• Agree 1

I'll go with the same team as Renegade, but possibly replace Williams with Doran.

I considered making that change, but I thought Williams was good on Saturday and deserves to keep his place.

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Tansey Draper

Watkins Christie Williams

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, Ross, Vincent, Doran, Polworth, Horner

THIS!! Keep Williams in the team as he did very well on sat and deserves the chance. Keep Doran as an impact sub for now. I really do feel he has put on a couple of pounds

Same team as Hamilton. Vincent's work was mainly in recovering the ball when we lost it and I don't think Doran or Watkins are as good at that. Keep Doran, Williams and/pr Ross as impact subs for later on.

Renegade's team for me: Watkins has much more to offer than Vincent at the moment and Williams deserves to keep his place on the left. doran off the bench if we need a spark, Vincent if we need to shut up shop.

Now that I am retired and hopefully have a bit more free time, I hope to be able to get to more matches and have bought a season ticket for the first time.  Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the game tonight and therefore seat 55 in row S of section D will be vacant.  If you happen to have the seats either side, please PM me to say "hello".  :smile:   Hope to see you at the Celtic game.

I was just reading a preview about the game tonight and the article mentioned the players unavailable to Dundee - one being Philip Roberts!!

I'd completely forgotten he'd signed for them.

But I can't see him being involved too much this season - I'm not yet convinced he's even top-league material.

On a side-note, why has Esson retained the no.1 'keepers shirt??!!! Surely, Brill is now well established as our first-choice goalie....?

I'm doubt Dean is bothered, but 'traditionalists' like me expect the first choice 'keeper to have the no.1 jersey!

Help!!!! On holiday in Italy, but have permission from boss to listen to the game. Please someone post a link to the radio coverage. This will cost me a few bottles of vino, but well worth it.

Might be on here (MFR2) later. If not, you'll get a link in the match thread when it goes up. http://radioplayertwo.mfr.co.uk/live/