Motherwell -v- Inverness CT

Scotty

A great result  and was watching the BBC Stats in first half 13 shot and only 3 on target a bit worrying and a 60/40 possession then at start of second half possession dropped to 55/45 in our favour and remained like that for a long time. we finished with 17shots so only 4 in the second half with 1 of these on target and possession finished 58/42 in our favour. So looks like we controlled the game and limited Motherwell to 5 shots and 0 zero on target

Great start to the season I did not think we would win today so that is a real bonus and ahead of where I thought we would be , but big test comes next week look at Dundee Untd result today.

I will be happy next week if we can hold Celtic and not get the drubbings that we have had from them recently

We held them to a draw after going two up last season. Why settle for less? Go hard or go home. 

Well done, indeed, to our team.

The BBC have been fulsome in their praise of the teams football , entertainment and style.

Even in the after match interview, with a passing mention of The sacking threat, the manager was relaxed and embraced the fact that a new system takes time and he was quickly handing the plaudits to the team away from him self.

Let's hope this is a weekly good feeling for us all.

We are top of the league this year again - the pundits will not like that!

Three clean sheets is testament to the new system plus six points away from home. If we could turn the TCS in to an entertainment fortress ?? Or do results mean more ?

Good results are the only entertainment I need.

Fantastic result. Clean sheet and 2 pearler strikes against a side renowned for giving us a hiding on their own turf. Cannot ask for anymore. Questions were asked after Wednesday and theyve been well and truly answered. Leaves me feeling a lot more confident knowing this is the kind of result and performance we are capable of.

We top a league that our neighbours are propping up? That is like the perfect symmetry of life for me. 

Marley played a peach by the sounds of things and Doran scored the killer goal. I think its time they both go back and stay in the starting line up.

Roll on to Celtic at home...

• Agree 2

Well, you never know.

An English Club is making overtures to get Kris Commons from Celtic. He scored another opportunist goal today.

If they lose him they sure will  regret it.

And if they lose him before they  entertain us then we could slaughter them. Wouldn't that be something .He is skilled, strong and a powerful player with an inspiring influence on his team.

• Agree 1

Fantastic result, congrats to Yogi and the team for this one. The ball retention seems to work better away from home. Onwards and upwards. Oh, wait, we can't go any higher.

• Agree 4

Well, that was a pleasant surprise!    At this rate there might be hundreds of us lining up at the 'humble pie' table later this season. 

Sounds like we created plenty of chances today.  That was one of my worries with our new style of play, but maybe it was unfounded.

Looking forward to seeing the goals on the highlights, they sounded like crackers

Getting Tansey back was one of our best bits of business imo.

I'm just off to have another look at the league table, it looks so pretty!

• Agree 2

Yep! Good post, Bughtmaster.

Early days  I said Tansey was a man to watch and now he is  settling in I expect he may be the next man of the match.

Stevie May has had his haircut but hasn't yet had his first game for his new club--er, or did he get it today I wonder?