Motherwell -v- Inverness CT

Scotty

Well thankfully I have to eat humble pie. I have not been John Hughes greatest fan, but I have to take my hat off to him

Not having conceded a goal and 7 points in the bag and 5 away goals.

As  IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER  touched on  earlier it is to be hoped that our away form is not going to dominate the season.

The negative outlook is that teams may park the bus at our gaff, but not on their own grounds.

I didn't go to the game so I can only comment 3rd hand , but I raise my glass to JH well done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04dqfy7/scottish-premiership-201415-6-highlights-motherwell-v-inverness

60 minutes of highlights (in gealic)

I wish the bbc would upload sportscene as fast as they do with motd

Won't be a BBC if there is a Yes vote. Licence fees are decided at Westminster. Don't want to derail this topic onto politics, speaking from a footballing perspective only/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04dqfy7/scottish-premiership-201415-6-highlights-motherwell-v-inverness

60 minutes of highlights (in gealic)

I wish the bbc would upload sportscene as fast as they do with motd

Won't be a BBC if there is a Yes vote. Licence fees are decided at Westminster. Don't want to derail this topic onto politics, speaking from a footballing perspective only/

Your mistaken.  Scotland if going Independent are looking to create a Scottish Broadcasting Service using the assets and staff that they quite rightly will have a share of currently working at the BBC Scotland.  A partnership with SBS and the BBC would be likely which would enable Scottish viewers to watch programmes from the BBC.

• Agree 6

Don't want to derail this topic onto politics, speaking from a footballing perspective only/

so dont !!! any more politics - from either perspective - on this thread will be deleted

• Agree 2

Did anyone else notice the "You are the ref" kinda scenario in the first half.  The Motherwell keeper passed out a goal kick to one of his defenders who was just inside the box.  The rules state though, that for the ball to be active, it has to clear the box.  When the Motherwell player touched it, the referee blew and made the keeper take it again.

Should he not have awarded us an indirect free kick in the box?

I thought this as well but in those circumstances the rule is that the goal kick is retaken again.

Isn't it amazing how the man in the middle can spot stuff like this and know the rules inside out, and yet when it comes to meatier decisions, this expertise and decisiveness seems to vanish!

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Agree 1

I thought this as well but in those circumstances the rule is that the goal kick is retaken again.

Pedantry in the extreme but the rule is that the goal kick is taken again. If it were retaken again it would be taken for at least a third time....think I need to get out more..

• Agree 2

Don't want to derail this topic onto politics, speaking from a footballing perspective only/

so dont !!! any more politics - from either perspective - on this thread will be deleted

Sorry mate , but delete away if you want 

Wow even the highlights were mainly ICT.

If I saw any players out and about for a quiet drink after that match, I would want to give them a big hearty pat on the back but would instead just leave them in peace to enjoy their night out.

Sorry mate , but delete away if you want 

Won't delete but, in view of ignoring the clear warning given, you are now banned from posting on this particular thread,