ICT video

Doch4

Not a big deal really but the last few interview videos I have watched only have the interview audio on the left channel.

It doesn't bother me that much but makes us look a wee bit amateurish in the bigger picture.

Please don't think I'm having a pop at anyone, I just think with a wee bit more attention to detail we could have a better end product.

Are you sure you're plugging the microphone into the correct socket?  If it's the same type of cameras I've used, there's two sockets kinda on the top.  Plugging into the wrong one is maybe the problem?

The microphone is definitely plugged in and working right....hence why it is actually coming out in stereo (as I showed in my last post).

The mic is camera mounted so the interviewer standing on the left will come across more on the left channel....which is as it should be given the interviewee is looking in that direction.

The opening motion graphic plays in stereo but the audio from the interview only plays on the left.

I have a feeling the audio from the interview is recorded in mono and it is then imported into a stereo track.

What was (is) throwing me is that the intro is fine.  :confused:

As the video is rendered out with both intro and video together it should be uniform when uploading....however it was only dropping the right track for the video part of the file on upload (rendered file definitely stereo).  :thumbdown:

Have stepped up the bitrate on the audio when rendering and it's now uploading with a fully working stereo track for the whole video.  :thumbup:

Appreciate the feedback....and (fingers crossed) future videos shouldn't have the same issue.  We do sometimes have to use mono (our handheld mics are mono), but that should/will be on both channels.

Recently I had the same problem.

But fiddles with the plug- in on the computer for the stereo headphones and by slight adjustments of the positioning of this plug- in the stereo came back.

I used to have the headphones plugged- in to the back of the computer but now favour the front connection which has two holes-one green for the headphones and  the other of the two round holes is for the speakers as I understand it.

Cheers

SP