Celtic fans in North stand.

AllanTracey

The stewards do nothing about drunk celtic fans jumping about and waving there scarfs in the home end. Why pay them money to do nothing. The police say its a steward problem 1st steward shrugs his shoulders 2nd says they will be lifted outside the park that was lies they staggered of bumping into the home fans and not a word said.

Didn't have any problems personally. There were a few but they were only noticeable at the goal. Certainly I personally saw less than normal, maybe because they still had seats left in their own end? I do know the club try hard to ensure that only home fans buy for our stands but very difficult to stop completely. If there was incidents I would maybe let the club know. Everything on CCTV as far as I know.

Fact. I do know that the ticket office were questioning ticket buyers as to where they came from trying to eradicate this scenario. I saw it myself. It's not easy to control, but thanks for their dosh. Hope they enjoyed the game as much as I did.

The club regulations say. The wearing of colours and/or regalia of any Football Club other than ICT FC in the Main 

and North Stand is not permitted. Persons wearing the colours of other Clubs will be refused 
entry to these areas and if already admitted, will be ejected from the Stadium. 

The club regulations say. The wearing of colours and/or regalia of any Football Club other than ICT FC in the Main 

and North Stand is not permitted. Persons wearing the colours of other Clubs will be refused 

entry to these areas and if already admitted, will be ejected from the Stadium.

Were they openly wearing colours and still not challenged by the stewards?

With plenty seats available at Celtic end do not see the logic in this unless a season ticket holder gave them the seats if so shame on them. If they were there to try and cause an issue agree they should have been ejected . CCTV will hopefully identify them and club will have a record of whose seats they are or who bought the tickets !

I turned up at Ibrox trying to get into the away end and was refused because i never purchased a ticket before hand.  I then bought a ticket for the Rangers end.  I would rather be in the oppositions end than not at all.  I don't really have a problem with it now, it's still money in our pockets so whats the hassle.   Perhaps these Celtic fans were located locally and never thought they would need to buy tickets before hand?  Or can you pay at the game at Celtic games at the TCS?  Either way as long as they aren't starting fights i'm ok with it. 

I think football has created a problem that it will likely never rid itself of due to segregation.

In any other sport you can go along to the game, mingle with opposition fans before, during & after without any real hassle (always get the odd incident, but segregation doesn't stop that anyway).

For years football fans have been told "we can't put you together because you're all animals and can't be trusted".  As a result people have started to conform to that assessment and even the hint that there's an opposition fan in the "home end" (or vice versa) sends them over the edge....probably doing more to create a problem than if they just ignored it and concentrated on cheering their own team along.

Wearing a football shirt and waving a scarf isn't a criminal offence and isn't something that should be deemed offensive...so what does it matter where they/we/anyone does it?

If they are causing REAL aggro, then they should be treated the exact same as any home fan in the home end should be treated if they do the same.

Is it not better to show a bit of the Highland Hospitality that we're famous for by taking a "live and let live" approach?  Demonstrate to the authorities who put these ridiculous rules in place that football fans are perfectly capable of getting along....just like the fans of every other sport?

Even better still...use it as an excuse to get up and make more noise to try and drown them out.  Imagine the atmosphere we could generate at games if fans did that instead of sitting there getting all offended over nothing!!!

• Agree 13

If it was say Falkirk or Kilmarnock or somebody then non-segregation would be do-able.  The problem with teams like Celtic, Rangers and at times Aberdeen, is that they seem to have a far higher of scum than every other club.  It just takes one neanderthal to ruin it for anyone and it's because of these cave men that we can't take a no barriers approach.  I know people will probably think "well if they're causing a scene, tell the stewards and they'll get rid of them", but we all know and have seen many times that when it comes to the Old Firm, the police and stewards are spineless cowards who don't want to get involved.

In an ideal world, we could have barrierless games, but because of some of the fans of clubs like Celtic, it is a must.

Edited by Renegade

I think football has created a problem that it will likely never rid itself of due to segregation.

In any other sport you can go along to the game, mingle with opposition fans before, during & after without any real hassle (always get the odd incident, but segregation doesn't stop that anyway).

For years football fans have been told "we can't put you together because you're all animals and can't be trusted".  As a result people have started to conform to that assessment and even the hint that there's an opposition fan in the "home end" (or vice versa) sends them over the edge....probably doing more to create a problem than if they just ignored it and concentrated on cheering their own team along.

Wearing a football shirt and waving a scarf isn't a criminal offence and isn't something that should be deemed offensive...so what does it matter where they/we/anyone does it?

If they are causing REAL aggro, then they should be treated the exact same as any home fan in the home end should be treated if they do the same.

Is it not better to show a bit of the Highland Hospitality that we're famous for by taking a "live and let live" approach?  Demonstrate to the authorities who put these ridiculous rules in place that football fans are perfectly capable of getting along....just like the fans of every other sport?

Even better still...use it as an excuse to get up and make more noise to try and drown them out.  Imagine the atmosphere we could generate at games if fans did that instead of sitting there getting all offended over nothing!!!

We have had the stewards up at us to tell us to stop banging when we sing so dont go there. Also people have complained because i have a go at the ref and linesman and on this site we have been praised for trying to create a atmosphere. I had Mikey Diamonds flag  stolen from where they were siting. The fact remains they should not be there and should of been removed but stewards wanted nothing to do with it.

he problem with teams like Celtic, Rangers and at times Aberdeen, is that they seem to have a far higher of scum than every other club.

I disagree with this. It's all about scale. Every support has a hardcore of absolute belters, ourselves included. They're just less noticeable for us because the scale is smaller. Nobody really pays attention to a few dozen neds in the North Stand. If you increased the scale by 10-20 so you have an OF sized crowd, you'd have a critical mass of a few hundred of them - big enough numbers to start getting into some serious mob behaviour.

• Agree 1

There's probably a lot of truth in that.  The baggage that seems to attract some people won't help either.  Obviously not all fans of these clubs are like that, but for some reason there does seem to be a nastier element to their undesirables for some reason.

I know of some celtic fans, living in Inverness, who attend our home games most of the time. Some of them have been known to get home tickets for Celtic games. It also happens with fans of a couple of other clubs.

My view on all this is that it would be brilliant if we could return to the days when we could attend a match with our opposition supporting mates without hassle and without animosity. Many of you are not old enough to remember those times but they did happen.