League Cup 2014/15 - 3rd Round draw (last 16)

Sneckboy

So, according to the SPFL website, the Huns are seeded by default.

And they wonder why no one takes Scottish football seriously?

They should be forced to remove the 'P' from their name. Of all the things you could accuse them of, being Professional is not one of them.

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Agree 1

A complete joke. Not surprised though. The League Cup rules are available to view and they categorically state that at the last 16 stage, the 8 highest ranking clubs will be seeded to play the 8 lowest ranked teams from the previous season's league positions.

In other words, if Rangers beat us, they should be playing any one of 8 Premiership clubs. But this farce ensures that instead, they're potential opponents are 2 Premiership and 6 Championship clubs. You couldn't make it up. Well, the SPFL clearly have! To suit The Rangers.

Let's hope we beat them to make this academic. But it still won' make it right.

One quick glance at a Rangers fans forum there - and there are threads including how they're always 'persecuted', why they're always treated with contempt and cheated by the SFA, the media, the SPL and the SPFL...and 'what can we do to punish the clubs on our return to the SPL? - for voting us out of that league'.

We didn't vote you out - you were liquidated and ceased to exist! We just didn't want a new club gate-crashing the top flight or second-tier - when natural justice dictated that you should start at the bottom! (And it should've been lower that the 4th tier).

• Agree 7

Why were the Rangers permitted to delay their first round match in the first place ?

Official reason is Commonwealth Games. Hampden is out of action, so game was due to be played at Airdrie, but their first round game was at home, so the stadium was unavailable.

There were other stadia (Firhill and Fir Park, for example) available, but these appear to not have been considered. There will have been opportunities to play this midweek too, but again nothing.

• Agree 1

Well with 3674 fans to consider, you won't fit that many fans in any old stadium.

Its all for the good of the wealth of scottish football.

Just like a hearts player in the semi last season.

Sporting integrity goes completely out the window.

My question to mister Doncaster would be.

Do you receive a profit related bonus?

Just deleted my post as Hawkeye has explained it better than I presently can. I can't string two coherent sentences together right now as I'm fizzing.

The way the SPFL have 'worked around this' is utterly diabolical. They effectively left open the prospect of their worst member club (by their own definition of club-ranking) being seeded as a top 8 club ahead of, amongst others, 2012 winners Kilmarnock.

And they wonder why folk brand this competition as 'mickey mouse'!

Well with 3674 fans to consider, you won't fit that many fans in any old stadium.

But at least we avoided civil unrest.

Any bonus must be profit related, because it can't possibly be performance related.

My question to Doncaster is a lot simpler. Why are you still here?

Are these still mid-week games 

Huns game is Tuesday 16th Sept, if we get through that, the Falkirk game is either Tue 23rd or Wed 24th

Not sure if it's been confirmed that we (or Rangers) would be expected to play that game the following week, will see if I can get more info tomorrow.

Any bonus must be profit related, because it can't possibly be performance related.

Its very easy to give someone a performance related bonus if they exceled in what was requested of them.

IE  If the trolley collectors at Tescos  made eye contact with every customer and said with a smile good morning or good afternoon, it is a positive action and Its that little bit extra and gives someone the feel good factor before they've even set foot inside the shop.

I would raise the question with Mr Doncaster as I would like to know if  a profit related bonus would cloud his judgement when making decisions.

Its very easy to give someone a performance related bonus if they exceled in what was requested of them.

IE  If the trolley collectors at Tescos  made eye contact with every customer and said with a smile good morning or good afternoon, it is a positive action and Its that little bit extra and gives someone the feel good factor before they've even set foot inside the shop.

I would raise the question with Mr Doncaster as I would like to know if  a profit related bonus would cloud his judgement when making decisions.

I would think presiding over a shambles of a league with no title sponsor would invalidate any of the little bit extra he may be doing.