Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

NEVER thought we'd be able to match the start last season; superb. Bet the boys are disappointed to have a break next week. Headache for JH now: Williams, Doran, Christie, Watkins, Ross all pressing for attacking midfield - can only bode well!

• Agree 1

Really enjoyed that.  Bit of a game of chess first half, but then we stepped it up and Killie couldn't cope.  Pleased for Meekings getting MoM - he's been outstanding so far - as they all have.  Onwards and upwards! - oops....

2830 attendance. Sakes.

3830 accordng to BBC ... but still not wonderful

Only 3700 at Motherwell v St Johnstone game

I'd hope we'd get a bit more considering how well we're doing but I shouldn't be surprised. Their loss.

Regardless, fantastic second half topped off with a belter of a strike. Great days!

Let's just extend all their contracts by another two seasons and yes John Hughes as well

Doubt we will get to end of season without having to sell someone if crowds do not improve - wtf is wrong with inverness thankfully we have a hardcore of 2000 although season ticket sales are down again I understand

The attendance figure of 3,830 actually fares favourably when compared to our most recent crowds v. Kilmarnock.

Since our return to the 'SPL', we've played them 6 times here, before today:

• Agree 1

The attendance figure of 3,830 actually fares favourably when compared to our most recent crowds v. Kilmarnock.

Since our return to the 'SPL', we've played them 6 times here, before today:

Except it was 2,830 that was announced.

I think this talk about low crowds is a bit silly considering inverness only has a population of about 70,000 people and if 3500 fans turn up that's 5% of the population, I bet you would find lower percentages at other clubs all over the uk!

The 3,830 will, for all intents and purposes, be the 'official' figure. It'll certainly help our end of season average!

It would appear somebody has made a simple 'typo' - but the figure is now 'out there' and won't be getting changed. All the media outlets will have the 3,830 figure, I'm sure.

I know that bookies often refer to the BBC stats as 'defining' when it comes to settling bets on things like goal-times so what they publish seems to be accepted.

I've just checked the likes of Soccerway and Soccerbase and they've got the 3,830 and significantly, so have the SPFL on their website!

We've certainly scored with that! A simple mistake, not blatant massaging of the figures that so often happens at Celtic Park!

Regardless of how it may appear 2830 was the attendance and the point being made was the income stream to the club so only 2830 paid one way or another to watch and if that continues the club will be hampered financially to resign our players

Warren not playing....injury?

groin injury for Warren

I've seen his wife, not surprised he has an injury Oops forget the edit im pi$$ed Gary warrens wife is a stunner but she is also really nice. Met her on her hen night loads if praise for Inverness think they are both here for the long term ooh ooh Gary warren

Edited by jagster

Three home games this month if I didn't have season tickets would have cost me £189 to get in ( 3 kids + me). Guess cost has a lot to do with attendances, not sure what the answer is 

So with your season tickets what has it cost as a proportion of your season ticket costs out of interest?

• Agree 1

Alarming crowd whatever the figure. Team is playing the best football for ages, scoring and signing up committed players with a future and top of the league.

I found the cost of living in Inverness some 6 years ago was higher than ours over here in Western Canada by a considerable amount  so, maybe cost is a factor after all. Food in the store and in restaurants has been climbing significantly over the past two-three years and the cost trades for of home repairs is staggering.

It's also a fact that now our country, according to the stats, is currently in a depressed business state despite what Fed. Gov. officials are warbling. My wife's boss is seriously worried about the drop in his business revenue and I am seriously worried about how low her net paycheque has become. This month's is half what it was 1 year ago. I always get the same from the Feds in terms of my pension so that stabilizes the ship a little.

Well the typo may have been made but Jim Spence on Open all Mics said it was 3830 when it was announced 

Announcer said 2830, that's all I can attest to. Ach who cares mun! 

• Agree 1

Some great play and I was pleased we had great support for the team. The home crows was very POSITIVE yesterday!!

Great to see Aaron play well despite a bloody nose though someone advised him it was modest compared to ones at Johnny Foxes. Thought Drapes was very good at the back. It gives us another option. I wonder if he might make a good centre forward when we need to change tactics?

Tansey and Meekings both seem skilled at the long ball. 

On the basis Christie drops to the bench against Partick, we should have a very fast pair of wingers support Billy. Hopefully the international break will help him come back and we can chant 'Billy McKay, he scores when we want!' He is due to start scoring once the transfer window closes.

• Agree 1

Did you notice the way Scarlet managed to get a reference to his pension cunningly into the match thread?! :laugh:

As for the crowd figure - the plot thickens....

The 3,800 figure would be good, relative to the opposition. But 2,800 wouldn't be great. Thankfully, the 'footballing public' won't realise and will spare us the usual slagging for our crowd sizes. Actually, there might still be a few comments regarding 'only' 3,800 for a home game for the leaders of Scotland's Premiership.