End of August Trivia Question

Alex MacLeod

Haven't let a goal in yet?

I think that's the answer! But, it's not strictly true as at the time the question was posted, Brora had, in fact, conceded one!

But, as it was a penalty, Alex will surely claim the answer as 'haven't yet conceded a goal from open play'!

• Agree 1

What do Inverness CT, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Brora Rangers and Airbus UK have in common?

They're all better than County?

Name a team that isn't  :lol:

Hibs  :laugh:

• Agree 1

At the time of posting the BBC had not updated the HL table. So, as of 12.13 pm Sunday 31st August these are the only teams in senior football England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland not to have conceded a goal.  Inverness CT, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Brora Rangers and Airbus UK

I was about to ask if this had been our best start to a SPL campaign ever but last years was superior, just.

This stage last year we had 4 wins and 1 draw (away to Celtic 2-2, our only conceaded goals) and a goal difference of +8, we then beat Killie away 2-1 before going down 1-0 away to Aberdeen.

Our next 2 games are away to Partick and at home to St Johnston, 4 points from those and we'll have done better than last year, has to be a short term target.

I've been really biting my lip this past couple of weeks about how impressed I've been for fear of jinxing it.  Hughes hasnt totally won me over yet but the clean sheets are a major plus in that direction.

• Agree 3

I was about to ask if this had been our best start to a SPL campaign ever but last years was superior, just.

This stage last year we had 4 wins and 1 draw (away to Celtic 2-2, our only conceaded goals) and a goal difference of +8, we then beat Killie away 2-1 before going down 1-0 away to Aberdeen.

Our next 2 games are away to Partick and at home to St Johnston, 4 points from those and we'll have done better than last year, has to be a short term target.

I've been really biting my lip this past couple of weeks about how impressed I've been for fear of jinxing it.  Hughes hasnt totally won me over yet but the clean sheets are a major plus in that direction.

Not sure how last seasons start was superior to this. We may have had one more goal for but we conceded two. This season 4 wins and a draw with five clean sheets has to be better surely. As to the next three games I believe we can take at least seven points and still keep a clean sheet.

Not sure how last seasons start was superior to this. We may have had one more goal for but we conceded two. This season 4 wins and a draw with five clean sheets has to be better surely. As to the next three games I believe we can take at least seven points and still keep a clean sheet.

In a league table +8 is better than +7.  Scoring goals is also considered more important than not conceding.

• Agree 3

Scottish Premiership Sa 09Aug 2014   Hamilton 0 - 2 Inverness CT
W

Scottish Premiership We 13Aug 2014   Inverness CT 0 - 0 Dundee

D

Scottish Premiership Sa 16Aug 2014   Motherwell 0 - 2 Inverness CT
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 23Aug 2014   Inverness CT 1 - 0 Celtic
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 30Aug 2014   Inverness CT 2 - 0 Kilmarnock

those are this seasons results so far.

Scottish Premiership Sa 03Aug 2013   Inverness CT 3 - 0 St Mirren
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 10Aug 2013   Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Inverness CT
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 17Aug 2013   Inverness CT 2 - 0 Motherwell
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 24Aug 2013   Celtic 2 - 2 Inverness CT

D

Scottish Premiership Sa 31Aug 2013   Inverness CT 2 - 0 Hearts
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 14Sep 2013   Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Inverness CT
W

Scottish Premiership Sa 21Sep 2013   Aberdeen 1 - 0 Inverness CT

First 7 games last year up until our first loss.  To me those results are more impressive, the Celtic Draw, Motherwell and Dundee United wins stack up werll considering how the league ended up.  Plus the dropped points v Celtic away from home, having gone 2-0 up, is far superior to the 0-0 home draw with Dundee this term.

As I say though, 4 points from our next 2 matches and we will be further ahead than we were last time, so we can't do much more than what we're doing already.

• 2 weeks later...