Transfer Window

Kingsmills

Hopefully when it slams shut at the end of today Billy, Josh and all the others in our fine squad will still be safely on the right side of it.

Ideally, would be nice if they were joined by another experienced forward but the crowd of less than 3,000 to watch the league leaders on a lovely late Summer afternoon is hardly going to bolster the recruitment kitty.

If we don't manage to bring in anyone then we can hardy be blaming either JH or the board.

• Agree 2

While I would like to see one striker come in and push Billy, having seen the games so far its worth noting there is great versatility. We coped with Warren and Devine out to sacrifice Draper into the backline. We also have Tremarco meaning Shinnie can cover any manner of positions including midfield along with Polworth, Doran, Ross and Foran who can all push to play. When Foran will return he could cover up front for Billy as can Watkins, or whats to say even Draper might do well in that role?

Overall the squad has a few very versatile players along with youngsters and providing we dont have a significant injury crisis I think having the small squad we can cope but at points JH may have to make bold decisions such as dropping or resting Billy or otehr key players plus we have to make sure Ryan doesnt burn out. Its clear there is a terriffic work ethic and team spirit in place and if we have to stick with the lads we have until Jan then I'd be happy.

Focus on retention not addition is the key right now IMO especially as we all acknowledge money is tight.

• Agree 1

My ideal transfer deadline day would be holding onto the players we currently have but adding maybe 1 or 2 striking reinforcements to cover for any injurys etc. Whether this would be a loan or permanent deal wouldn't bother me but to know we have back-up would be reassuring

I think the window is important for us keeping players but not so fr bringing in. Maybe we could get a loan but as has already been said any permanent deals we make are free transfers so it is not really our market unless a loan. If we get no one in but don't lose no one then im delighted and we may still add 1 or 2 free's after the window 

Rumours about Christiano Ryanaldo on Sky Sports :-/

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9422390/transfer-news-english-eyes-on-ryan-christie?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=english-eyes-on-christie

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs are tracking Inverness starlet Ryan Christie, Sky Sports understands.

The 19-year-old midfielder has emerged as a huge talent in recent months, and is now being talked of in the same bracket as Ryan Gauld - who was sold by Dundee United this summer to Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon.

Christie, the son of Inverness legend Charlie, has come through the youth ranks with the Highlands outfit and made his debut late last year.

He has quickly established himself at the Caldeonian Stadium and has his performances have now lead him to him attracting major interest from south of the border.

It is understood more than a dozen English clubs are actively scouting him, amongst those are understood to be North East trio Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

Craig Beattie notches up another club, I see.

The road to ruin goes something like this :

Celtic, Scotland, West Brom, Swansea (as recently as 2012), then........ Hearts, St Johnstone, Barnet, Dundee, Zeebugg (Malta) for 2 weeks, and now Ayr Utd.  Recently declared bankrupt as well.

Phew!

Saw this from the Mirror rolling coverage earlier - 

Finally, Bournemouth and Reading are poised to move for Marley Watkins of SPL side Inverness Caledonian Thistle, but Caley don’t want to see him leave so will make things difficult.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-deadline-day-live-arsenal-4142404#ixzz3C6YZIqoz 

Delighted that nobody has left but slightly disappointed that nobody came in, even a loan signing so surely that means Nimely was not true :-(.