Ross County at home.

Big G

Pay to get in, or watch it for nothing in a pub? TV coverage is ruining the game in Scotland. Do the revenues the club get from the TV companies make up for the revenue lost elsewhere?

clubs only get money for cup games !!

And their share of all the TV deals for SPFL games. Without sounding like I am backing K.O changes, without a League sponsor the TV money is the highest income the league has. The clubs have gate money but this alone is not enough to keep clubs afloat. The club would get that share even if they had no TV games during the season but chances are you would get bigger home attendances . So if we are on Tv it would be best if we were playing away

So what you are saying is " Give us our share of the money but don't inconvenience us. Make all other teams change and not us."

With the job I do changing K.O times makes it really difficult to get to some games, but without the TV money we probably could not survive as a club in the way that we do.

Twenty years ago if you were asked if you would like to see a Highland Derby live on National TV, after you stopped laughing, you would have loved the idea. Instead of criticising TV companies for wanting to show us live, let's just think about what has been achieved in the last twenty years for this to happen.

• Agree 2

Big G

Believe it or not think we are in agreement

The thread "pay to get in or watch in pub for free" was not my statement

The point being the less ICTFC are on the TV for our home games the better it is for the club because we get smaller crowds at games which are on TV which drops the match day revenue and we get no extra TV money unless it is a cup game

Best for the club is 3pm sat ko for all games and derby games not on TV which will ensure bigger crowds through the gate

Do I believe that will happen - not a chance

Do I think it would be fair to other teams in the league- no

Would it be good for ICTFC - absolutely

• Agree 1

There are a couple of issue here for me. The latesness of the decisions on which games to screen are the most annoying and frustrating for fans. Surely the SPFL and the broadcasters could come up with a better minimum period of notice for changing games which would then help fans plan better. This may also help the club sell local hospitality packages which must be a bit of a nightmare to do when kick off days and times change. This is another important source of revenue for us.

With regard to TV in general, I think that with so many games on TV now, we have a generation who would rather watch a game on TV now than actually go to a game. Removing games from TV, which is never going to happen TBH, might result in a few more fans through the gates but not many.

What would annoy me if some fans say they would rather watch the game on TV then they turn around and say it is too expensive to attend matches. It certainly is not if you compare witha few drinks in the pub.

Bottonm line on gates, and I know I am way off topic, is that we need to try something, I don't have any brilliant ideas as yet, that encourages people who do not attnd currently or are irregular attenders to come along. Only then will be see gates increase.

Off topic I know but, until the clubs and SPFL wake up and realise that playing the same teams 3,4,5 and even 6 times a season is not going to attract more people through the turnstyles. Even games against Celtic, Aberdeen and even worse C*unty are not pulling in the punters anymore. People are fed up of the same old same old.

• Agree 3

Off topic I know but, until the clubs and SPFL wake up and realise that playing the same teams 3,4,5 and even 6 times a season is not going to attract more people through the turnstyles. Even games against Celtic, Aberdeen and even worse C*unty are not pulling in the punters anymore. People are fed up of the same old same old.

It's not strictly off topic, but do you really think that expanding the League to include sides of lesser quality is going to improve things? How do you get rid of the "same old same old"? You can't just invent new clubs to satisfy a hankering for something marginally "new", nor can you deny that every game is different regardless of the opposition.  Do you think that rescheduling to a 3pm saturday and removing the Leagues only real source of income would help? If it happened, we would be on a fast track downwards as would most of the SPFL. Margins are that tight. What needs to happen is for a recognition that, actually, the standard of football isn't that bad (and even if it is, we can make it better) and is certainly up there if you look at Leagues of a comparable size in comparable countries - not the EPL or La Liga. At ICTFC we are enjoying the (potentially) best spell in our history and it's liable to get better. What's not there is physical infrastructure to promote community involvement - which is true of most clubs due to lack of funds and public investment - and a lack of people proclaiming reasons why people should come to games. If we got just 500 more fans out of the pub, off their sofas or away from their x-boxes to every home game the difference to the club would be immeasureable in economic and atmosphere terms. Rather than girning that the game's sh*te, that's where our energies ought to be focussed. Remember that our players are professional athletes who feed off positive feedback. It's why they play the game. Sure, the money is attractive but I for one am afraid that this current team and its potential will be lost to Inverness because of apathy, and we'll end up only wondering how good 2014 could have been. They'll move on to places where they feel they will be better supported because it improves their motivation to perform rather than stay in a place that doesn't reward being (just suppose) top of the League without losing a goal. But as I said, it takes people to shout this out, not just a few derided often as "happy clappers" Lose them, and apathy really has won - but probably only 1-0!

Not going to quote you but I do think you are preaching to the converted. The people that the message is aimed at aren't on this forum and as outsiders looking in our game is not exciting and is repetitive and spouting "negative" or "happy clappers " isn't going to change people's opinion. Where are the extra 500 people going to come from?

It's not strictly off topic, but do you really think that expanding the League to include sides of lesser quality is going to improve things?

Agreed, no place for diddy teams like Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the top league.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

They only stand and wait.

But the Happy Clappers are supporters who are so welcome to the club. And probably most of them are

died in the wool, older supporters who were watching Caley and Thistle a very long time ago.

So why so much derision when you may be one yourself one day? Just asking...

• Agree 1

Not going to quote you but I do think you are preaching to the converted. The people that the message is aimed at aren't on this forum and as outsiders looking in our game is not exciting and is repetitive and spouting "negative" or "happy clappers " isn't going to change people's opinion. Where are the extra 500 people going to come from?

They are there as can be witnessed in the attendances for the bigger games such as Celtic, Aberdeen and County. The trick is getting these people along for games with hamilton, Kilmarnock etc. Don't know if the cllub has details of who these people are, and maybe the club do this now, but worth contacting these people with special offers, incentives to try and attract to more games?. Would 6 game season tickets, or something similar be an option to try?.

They are there as can be witnessed in the attendances for the bigger games such as Celtic, Aberdeen and County. The trick is getting these people along for games with hamilton, Kilmarnock etc. Don't know if the cllub has details of who these people are, and maybe the club do this now, but worth contacting these people with special offers, incentives to try and attract to more games?. Would 6 game season tickets, or something similar be an option to try?.

Even Celtic Aberdeen and County crowds are going down. Less than 6000 at the Celtic game. A few year's ago that would have been over 7.

With regard to crowds I think the biggest problem is the economic situation and that people just don't have the money even Celtic crowds at home are down  so we are not alone. As for the game on SKY TV that certainly will allow me to see it (I live in Spain) although I have mixed feelings as every time I have seen a game on Sky we have lost - please god not to County :lol:  :crazy:

Even Celtic Aberdeen and County crowds are going down. Less than 6000 at the Celtic game. A few year's ago that would have been over 7.

but only looking for another 500 to make a significant impact on finances. The fans are there if we can somehow make it more attractive to attend.

It's often a problem for discussion amongst ICT fans - crowd figures! I applaud the likes of '12th Man' and his ilk, their enthusiasm is commendable.

But it's very difficult attracting 'new' fans. It's maybe naive to think there could be a host of 'untapped' fans out there. By now, folk know about ICT. If they want to attend, they will.

Indeed, we used to have average attendances of 4,500+, which suggests to me that some fans have deserted, after the novelty has gone.

It's a 'hard core' of 3,000, with a maximum potential of 10,000 for a Scottish Cup Final. That's our lot!

• Agree 3

It's often a problem for discussion amongst ICT fans - crowd figures! I applaud the likes of '12th Man' and his ilk, their enthusiasm is commendable.

But it's very difficult attracting 'new' fans. It's maybe naive to think there could be a host of 'untapped' fans out there. By now, folk know about ICT. If they want to attend, they will.

Indeed, we used to have average attendances of 4,500+, which suggests to me that some fans have deserted, after the novelty has gone.

It's a 'hard core' of 3,000, with a maximum potential of 10,000 for a Scottish Cup Final. That's our lot!

Sad but true .

Kids for a quid for this match perhaps (given that a paying adult is £30) and not just the family section (where is that, the uncovered section of the main stand?)

...and a couple of surfer flags with pictures of people seated on it!

Paying adult is £21 in the North Stand ( behind the goals) also part of that stand is where the family section is. It's completely covered.

• 2 weeks later...