Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone

Scotty

But there again common sense, maturity, intelligence and respect for others opinions need to be taken into consideration.

:fingers:

(sorry I had to... I might not be mature but I respect your opinion!)

Edited by Ayeseetee

Och! Permission to sulk yer honyur?  :lol:

"Well, MR S.P.  what is the meaning of all this palaver"?

Y.H. I stand accused of boredom in paradise and verbal opposition in mah mind tae the demise of ICT.  Like my homesickness is affecting my mind and I think I'm back hame in Scoatland-like.

"Aye , laddie, Ah come frae there too and I ken whit you mean.

"Will you accept a light sentence Mr. Singularly Pernicious gentleperson?"

How light Y.H?

3 weeks living with IHE, S.P. Case closed. No appeal.... If he is still alive at the end of the prescription period then he will be  a changed man . Still a SEER .....but seeing double like".

Thank you Y. H . A very just outcome, if I may say so. :crazy:

I think the posts above mask a potentially serious issue regarding the home support that becomes more urgent as time passes. There are (honest!) people around who think about this issue for periods of time large enough to be harmful to them. We come up with idea after idea but it doesn't seem to get organised or get through. The team delivers results - you simply can't argue against them being top of the League. They have arguably delivered on style as well. The concerns that were had in the days of high-octane Butcher football, when we pressed all over the field and sometimes ran out of steam and then didn't have a plan B have been addressed by possession based football. It's certainly different.What you can't argue with is that it's delivering by the only criteria that a football club works to and that the fans demand - results.  We are not a club of a size who can afford to prioritise anything over results, because that's where our income is generated from SPFL and television. We don't have an investor of the magnitude of a Roy MacGregor and I'd venture to suggest that the support might not want one - and not just because County are currently illustrating the limitations of that kind of strategy. We'll never get the income required to run the team from gate receipts alone unless and until the size of the home gate reflects our League position. That means getting more people to home games and that's never going to happen when people can't get behind the club and team for whatever reason. If I have a fear about this (and it's a serious one), it's that we will lose the majority of what could well be our most successful team because it feels like they are playing in front of "two men and their dog". Let's face it, the majority of our first team are not here for the money and they are increasingly not getting much else out of it.

What's to be done? The club always has and always will continue to work with fans, cjt etc. to improve things on and off the pitch. CTO has a role to play in that as well. If you have concerns, let the club or cjt know. If you have energies, please expend them for the good of the club. For instance, Rodger the handyman could really do with a hand to paint the perimeter railings and gates at the ground but doesn't have the manpower or the budget to do it. If you can help, pm me and we'll get it done. If you have a commitment to ICTFC, there are initiatives currently being discussed for upcoming home games that are designed to energise the support but they will only do that if you support, attend and feed back. If you have friends, persuade them to come to at least one game. We've recently seen how effective grass roots movements can be and if 500 existing fans can persuade one of their mates to come along for County, Hamilton, you will be much more effective than any committee.

Please support as much as you can.

• Agree 9

Davie makes a very good point.  The team simply do not get the support they deserve and have earned!  It's clear that team success is not having the impact we hoped for, so I'd like to see the club try some radical initiatives - e.g. £10 tickets in December, kids for a quid etc. - to try and get numbers up.  I appreciate there may a short-term financial hit, but it would get a lot more people through the gates.  It would be much better for the team to get 5,000 attendance on £10 tickets, than 2,700 on £20 (I know a lot of people are season holders, but more for less is more - if you get my point - though less financially perhaps - but maybe not if it takes off  :ponder:)

This is a golden age for ICT, with the best team we've ever had.  We've got to make the most of it.  Let's try some different approaches and see what works.

• Agree 2

Has been tried over the festive period 2012 where I think it was 3 games for the price of 2

or was it a bogof? It didn't do much to increase crowds or revenue then I`m afraid but maybe

it wasn't promoted well enough.

davie - commendable post and plea. Is it not simply that the standard of football in the SPL has dipped significantly. Is it not becos away supports have dwindled. And it is the Circle of Life that will lead to our best players eventually moving on as has always been the case.