Eric Hastie

maimie

Eric passed away peacefully today. He was an ardent supporter of ICT since the merger having no particular affiliation to either former team.

Eric was a member of the steering group set up to help form the ICT Supporters Trust and was elected to the first Trust Board as Secretary, a role he carried out for many years. He was kind, generous and funny. Along with ICT Eric gave time to other organisations including the Rotary Club.

Eric was a season ticket holder and attended all games at home and many away. He usually missed one when he and his pals spent a weekend away at the opening of the salmon fishing season. You could hear his shouts of encouragement to the team from the stand - never too critical - and using the name I'm sure he would have chosen for the team - Inverness!

Even though his health was not great over the last few years he attended games when he was able and when he wasn't he listened to commentary on the radio.

A wee win tomorrow would be lovely for you Eric!

My thoughts with his wife Margaret and their family. And big hugs Part Timer.

Sleep tight Eric.

Edited by maimie
  • Agree 7

Thank you both for your kind words. And to everyone else who has passed on their condolences.

I'm sure my father was looking down on us this afternoon - at least for the second half.

Funeral details will be published in Tuesday's Courier,

All the very best, Graham

• Agree 1

Only just noticed this thread

So sorry to hear this news.  Eric's health had certainly been failing for some time but he was at the games whenever possible.

Very fond memories, great guy with an amazing general knowledge.  He will be sorely missed by many

Thinking of you Part Timer

Laura

• Agree 3