Inverness CT -V- Ross County

Scotty

Fer fecks sake we do NOT have the players in goal or at the back who can play the tippy tappy style of football. The more mistakes that they make - the more their confidence dwindles. Tansey is the only midfielder that can play that sort of game. We absolutely and desperately need an old fashioned centre forward. Marley is wasted in that role and Billy is feckin lost. Even Christie would benefit from the big man up front

Hearing whispers your wish may be about fo be granted?

• Agree 1

Slightly touched on by someone earlier but I didn't understand the Doran substitution. No criticism of Williams but Aaron was causing all sorts of problems for Carey who had been booked (and should have been sent off for the pull on Doran and the deliberate handball).

Vile first half performance. I've never seen us look so lost and so sloppy defensively. We were too slow to get out. County were onto every second ball and pressing us wherever we went. It was simply not good enough. Worst team in the league and for 45 minutes we made them look almost decent.

The tactical shuffle paid off in the second half. Marley competed well up top and also freed up space for Billy who found himself getting in behind and we're it not for Brown he would have had a couple himself. Thought Christie did really well on the left wing too. Linked up well with Shinnie and whoever else got involved.

Deano maybe could have done better with the goal but he kept us in that game with 3 fantastic stops in the first half. He was well due his motm.

Having watched it back over I can't believe Carey didn't walk. Following his yellow card he should have been gone A for his challenge on Doran and B his deliberate handball. He literally pawed the ball down to stop us going forward. On what planet does that not merit a card? It beggers belief that Craig Thomson is as well thought of as he is.

I shouldn't have to say I'm relieved to see us take a point off the worst team in the league but I am. We seriously need to cut out the pitter patter at the back. It's already cost us big time. We are a very capable side but this is beyond individual errors. This is something they are being instructed to do but it clearly isn't working. Anyhow no loss and a national break - roll on Midden away

It has all been said in previous posts, we were unlucky not to win but after that dire first half performance we did not deserve to. We will have to work harder away at St Mirren as they are now starting to pick up points!

Got to see an hours worth of highlights last night on Sky....talk about a game of two halves!! We were shocking in the first half, and nearly came a cropper at the start of the second. Fortunately Yogi dusted off Plan B, and we looked sooo much better in the second half.

Christie and Watkins looked good, and lovely surge down the wing by Dorans rewarded by being taken off! (Plan B.2).  Mckay looked alot more threatening and was unlucky not to score when County's goalie pulled off a good one....I think he will score soon

Not sure about Draper yesterday, and wayward shooting from Tansey, .... Meekings/Warren were uncharacteristically poor...maybe a break for one or other is due...I don't believe 'tippy tappy' translates to sell your own goalkeeper short!

SPL still looking the most open for years...shame I can't get up for Dundee U match...that could be a cracker!

Second biggest crowd of the season for a televised early Sunday game...yes I know a local derby, but I guess they stayed away too?

Edited by Eagle4Caley

Rubbish and ok sums up how I felt the game went. Must speed up the back passes to the keeper, should instruct the waterboy to put the water jets in the goal area allow the ball to swim to the keeper. 

If our performance requires a well watered pitch we should be brilliant come the rainy season!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Rubbish and ok sums up how I felt the game went. Must speed up the back passes to the keeper, should instruct the waterboy to put the water jets in the goal area allow the ball to swim to the keeper. 

If our performance requires a well watered pitch we should be brilliant come the rainy season!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

A guy close to me was questioning why the pitch was being watered.  He said they would be better painting arrows on the grass to show the team which way to kick the ball!

• Agree 3

While not totally convinced with the syle of play that Yogi is trying to introduce, and it is what many have been calling for over the years rather than hoofs up the park, it is a bit disappointing to hear groans/maons and comments when we do keep possesion of the ball. Keeping possession of the ball is surely what we need to do rather than hoof it up the park and lose possession. Don't for one mininute think we hvae got the style of play correct yet but when it does work, it is good to watch. Not so sure we went to a plan B in the second hald but simply moved the ball quicker and played more expansive as opposed to narrow. That I think was the problem in the first half, no width so difficult to get forward and put pressure on County.

Edited by Huisdean

Not so sure we went to a plan B in the second hald but simply moved the ball quicker and played more expansive as opposed to narrow. That I think was the problem in the first half, no width so difficult to get forward and put pressure on County.

Hughes switched it to 4-4-2.