Hamilton v. Aberdeen

absent friend

I watched this match on TV this evening and was surprised to see how similar Hamiltons way of playing is to the Hughes style.

They played Aberdeen off the park with a passing game, in the first 75 minutes, that was a joy to watch especially in the SPL.

They tired towards the end and some of their slick passes were not so so slick and their backs to the wall defence held out and they even scored in the dying minutes.

Take heart folks, the system does work, when it does it is a joy to behold and the opposition, without the ball, are powerless to get into the game - Hamilton proved that tonight!

• Agree 1

As poor as Aberdeen were, they still missed some good goal scoring chances, for instance,  two 'one on one' chances with the goalkeeper in the first half alone.

I thought it interesting to watch the performances of our 4 old boys on display, Robson, Hayes, Rooney and Imrie.  For me, Imrie was head and shoulders above the other three, and is clearly an important cog in Hamilton's system.

• Agree 1

Imrie has really surprised me. Earlier this year, when we played a doomed Morton side, inevitably heading for relegation to the third tier, he looked just that - a player who'd had his best days and was dropping to his 'appropriate' level. Fast-forward 7 months and he's starring for the team currently at the top of Scottish football!

• Agree 1

Cant help thinking that the artificial pitch gives the home team a big advantage.

Yet they beat Motherwell 0-4 on grass and we beat them at NDP...

Well, it is refreshing isn't it ? I mean the newbie showing up the so -called  seasoned old timers?

Stops the complacency. And introduces greater competition and new blood into the League? That's all good isn't it?

You have to admit that Hamilton's performance u to this point is remarkable and ...refreshing!?

• Agree 1