St Mirren -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Just watched the highlights and it seemed a very harsh red card. Not even a free kick! Very professional display to snuff out a team desperate to score at home. Well done! They never looked like coming close to breaking us down.

Is that not Draper suspended for the next game too? Could have done with not losing Christie and Draper for United. Still, we've got a bit of depth in the squad, so hopefully it'll not upset the balance too much.

I think that's Draper on 5 cautions this season in the league - It might be 6 before a suspension? And sometimes the ban doesn't come in immediately! So I'm tentatively thinking that Draper will be available for the United game...

St Mirren were a poor team indeed. We actually played better with 10 men and tbh, never looked like conceding. A good solid 3 points. Ref was a joke as normal and thankfully the St Midden stewards have gone back to being the friendly bunch they used to be.

Well the most entertaining bit (or bite) of the day was the "Fly in the Pie" incident pre-match in the Alamo. Personally I do not understand all the controversy as I have enjoyed at least one fly in my pie every time that I have been there, especially when the Beer Garden is open.

The main positives to take from the game is that we were solid at the back, we were in complete control when we had 11 and never really looked like getting beat when we went down to 10 men. Wee Billy looked like the all action forward of old and Ibra looks like a player of similar ilk. If he had been playing for Midden he would have been Zebra.

The three points are gratefully received but the game itself was simply dire. There was few chances at either end, our final pass is still terrible and Middens shooting was thankfully woeful. But the person who totally spoiled the fare was that idiot Gollum in the middle. The standard of refereeing in the League this season has been very poor but that was a ridiculous performance. Apparently wee Ryan got a second booking for unsporting behaviour - WTF!!

Deano had a better day and actually looked commanding with one excellent finger tip bottom corner save. He was helped by a far more solid back four and there was NO tippy-tappy on display. Need to see the highlights but it did look like a Tremarco handball late on. Now Ross a Draper has a go at refs and his reputation in the Record and then is lucky not to be our second sending off with a number of CLUMSY, needless tackles/shoves. Tansey was my MOM by a country mile. He looked like the only "footballer" on the pitch. He also slotted home a beaut of a spot kick. Plus I don't know what the junkies were whingeing about as Warren almost had his shirt taken off.

But it was really good to watch the Billy McKay of old. He was really unlucky not to score although one was a near to sitter. But he ran the line and chased everything and has evidently been buoyed by the arrival of Ibra - who looks like a cloning of Dean McDonald and Eric Obdiambo - hopefully turns out to be better. He does look in the McKay mould BUT I am unsure as to how they will play as a pairing. He certainly has movement and pace. He should have passed at the death but went fer goal. Some may say that he was being greedy but that may be the sign of a goal scorer.

And Yogi's substitution were tactically spot on. So it was pretty dire entertainment but another three point away day.

• Agree 4

Weil that clears up a few things. Deffo penalty fer us and the take was as sweet as I recalled. Seen the Tremarco incident given and it is a wonder that Gollum did not give it but linesman had a better vantage. Think that irate yellow for Ryan was extremely soft nod was at a time when Gollum was autograph hunting. The second was probably correct as he dived in with studs showing but where does the "unsporting behaviour" come from? Brills stop was made even better as it got a wicked deflection off Warren. But Ibras attempt was woeful and hopefully not a sign that he is one footed. And wee Billy was unluckier than I first suspected

An excellent 3 points today - well done!.

Collum must have been told to keep his cards in his pocket this week after his efforts last Saturday - which has gone under the radar - as it was played abroad!

He was reffing the Hungary v. Romania Euro 16 Qualifier. TWELVE yellows!

attachicon.gifWillie Collum.jpg

I actually say a post on twitter from a Hungarian guy saying it was the worst ref he had ever seen,

Changed it a few times roughie. 4-4-1 after the sending off, never looked ike conceding. As well as Collum wrecking the game, the wind didn't do anyone any favours either. Three points that we might end up looking back at as crucial.

I was quite impressed with Yogi tactically yesterday. Fer once it appeared that we had done our homework on the opposition and played accordingly. We started off with a 4-2-2-1-1 which I didn't feel that we changed until the sending off but the subs were well thought out and we went to a 4-4-1 eventually. However it looked to me that our back four were asked to play higher up the pitch than usual and Raven and Shinnie had also evidently been told to defend and they rarely foraged forward. Apart from two great crosses when Mckay was offside and Ibra scuffed it. None of the tippy tappy either - suited Warren and Meekings far better - and nice to see Brill and the defenders trying to feed Tansey, Christie, Watkins and Williams. The latter two to me were disappointing. Watkins appeared to drift aimlessly and I suspect that he was carrying a knock or took a knock. Williams was never in it and I would have preferred to see Doran starting. Christie played in the hole and should have scored. Wee Billy was his old self but I suspect that he was told from the off to put himself about as he was going to be eventually hooked.

Good substitutions too - Ibra fer Mckay was a no brainer BUT Vincent for Watkins and Tremarco fer Williams were two shrewd moves. Vincent tucked in with Tansey and Draper, as did Shinnie. And both Shinnie and Vincent gave us an on the break option.

St Mirren were a poor team indeed. We actually played better with 10 men and tbh, never looked like conceding. A good solid 3 points. Ref was a joke as normal and thankfully the St Midden stewards have gone back to being the friendly bunch they used to be.

Not the stewards we encountered - wouldn't allow one drum in. Said it was policy since January!? same as e-cigarettes, not allowed.

Drums make atmosphere - but e-cigarettes in same sentence? Since when? Numpties. Bet they don't have the same response to Celtic etc.

Loved the highlights...Mannie!     S  w e e t !

We seemed to be hanging on at the end with a bit of desperation showing.

Ibra- from the highlights he does seem possibly to not yet be fit enough for Mr. J Hughes. Slowish like. Or maybe it's that he may not be frenetic enough? However, I did note that he has a rather deceiving loping style  which probably allows him to cover a good dad of ground. Big guy, though. Do you think he will fit in ?

Does Mr Collum not  think that a wee talking to and a warning may be all that he needs to calm down some players as a FIRST STEP  eh?

• Agree 1

It may be in his genes ?! He is only a young lad and he will learn from the experience. The first yellow was unlucky and was probably on the back of 2 previous niggles. The second was a rush of blood to the head. He barely touched the player but he did go in studs up. He has not exactly got the role models playing beside him though !! But - Nicky Ross / Aaron Doran - have oft been criticised for not getting stuck in so wee Ryan has dispelled that belief. Plus he is a winner and winners battle. And just another sign that you can overplay and over rely on youngsters. Learning any trade is about making mistakes.

• Agree 2

5 minutes of highlights off the internet doesn't tell me much, other than it was a pretty scruffy game...although Billy did look pretty sharp

St Mirrens' ground looks pretty smart, obviously only a few years old...have hopes of making the Feb match my first ICT away match (if you exclude the cup final)

Solid performance after going down to 10 mean. St Mirren ran out of ideas quickly but we did well to close them off and could have even nicked one or two more ourselves. Yogis subs were shrewd. Vincent and Tremarco shored up the wings and helped see out the game.

First half was anyone's game though we had the better chances. Christie and McKay both passed up good chance while Ball missed a real sitter for Midden but after Tansey dispatched his pen I was confident we'd come away with the 3 points...despite the events that followed the first half it turned out to be the case.

Someone needs to take Willies cards away from him. Man is a complete killjoy of a ref and is very selective. He made a good call on the pen but some yellows were just not worth the time and he let some challenges go that were worse. He also left Shinnie waiting on the side for a long time before allowing him back on, despite looking over more than once.

Pleasing to see us get a win on the road after a couple of frustrating defeats. Hoping we can continue the good home form against United and put another run together.

Is that not Draper suspended for the next game too? Could have done with not losing Christie and Draper for United. Still, we've got a bit of depth in the squad, so hopefully it'll not upset the balance too much.

I think that's Draper on 5 cautions this season in the league - It might be 6 before a suspension? And sometimes the ban doesn't come in immediately! So I'm tentatively thinking that Draper will be available for the United game...

Yeah, it's confirmed as only a one-game ban for Christie. No other players suspended.