English Premier League

CraigF92

Discuss the EPL in here :smile:

Who's watching the Manchester derby today?

What's going wrong for Liverpool?

Chelsea major favourites to run away with the league title?

Pocheccino(spelling) under pressure at Spurs?

Any other things we can discuss? haha

It Chelsea's to lose in my opinion. Man City will recover to fight to the end after some recent dodgy results. Southampton have done well so far but I think they will fade eventually to mid-table. Liverpool have no bite anymore and are poor at the back. I doubt they'll make the top four. Burnley have had it I reckon closely followed by Leicester and QPR. I'd love to see the Villa in the relegation dog fight but I think they have too much strength to go down..shame really. My top four in no particular order, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd.

I saw the Manchester United versus Chelsea match on T V .

A lot of huffing and puffing without much excitement and clever passing across the park frankly but with few goals.  Passing around  (including back to the goalie which I generally abhor)  but no obvious passionate desire to get the ball forward as fast as possible. 

The games I just saw on the Scottish highlights  today are much more exciting than these English games. Maybe not all of the Premier League teams  perhaps but a good number. As I said earlier, more effort, loads of footie skill on display in our Premiership, great pace and fantastic goals.  You've got it made chums.

• Agree 1

I agree. Nearly every Inverness home game i have been to this season has been entertaining.

Dundee 0-0. Even though it was 0-0 i enjoyed it.

Highland derby. County had a number of chances in the 1st and Inverness battered them in the 2nd.

Celtic. Not just because Inverness won but there was alot of chances.

Dundee United was quite a good game aswell. Should of scored more.

Most of the games i have watched on tele(EPL) have been shocking. Not every game is shocking but most are quite poor. Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool was a disgrace. Shocking excuse for a game.

I agree with Gringos top 4. Liverpool are a laughing stock at the moment sadly. They had a real chance to build of last season.

Burnley and QPR will surely go down. I think Leicester might just have enough to stay up.

There really is nothing wrong with the football standard that is being played in Scotland just now - vast improvement over the last few years and a pretty good example (in most cases) of the modern game. One of the biggest differences between EPL and Scots Premiership is the size and noise of the crowd. It is really difficult to get excited about an outstanding goal anywhere when the only crowd reaction is a couple of guys behind the goal politely clapping! Even the commentators struggle to get enthused! Not many would argue that they would be more excited by being in a packed and rocking Hampden to watch Scotland score a scruffy goal in the last minute of a poor game than by watching ICT and Hamilton play out a technically excellent match in front of ~3000 quiet fans at TCS. TInteresting how the attitude and number of your fellow customers has such an impact on your ultimate excitement of the event.....