Almost the 'full set'!

Sneckboy

This is kind of related...

i was speaking to Red Card in the pub yesterday about our travels watching ICT so I did a bit of checking.

I've been at all the 41 league grounds but to my knowledge ICT have never played at Dumbarton or Annan. I've also never seen them play at Elgin or Berwick or Peterhead. I've never seen them win at Cowdenbeath, Stranraer, East Fife (New Bayview) or QoS. That takes it down to 32 where I've seen us win.

I've seen ICT win at old Bayview though, and Gretna, and Love Street, and Firs Park which used to be ground 42. Also seen them play at Boghead but lose.

As an aside, the Shire, the club which provided ICT's first competitive game on 9/8/94 may be about to disappear from the League setup if Edinburgh City beat them next week.

Edited by TheMantis

Mantis.

You know my personal interest in East Fife so could you please advise me on the difference between old Bayview and the New one (didn't someone say it was now down at the old docks area?) . How much better is the new one--if anything?

This has always been a team, as far as I can assess anyway, that had more heart than money.

Cheers.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Mantis.

You know my personal interest in East Fife so could you please advise me on the difference between old Bayview and the New one (didn't someone say it was now down at the old docks area?) . How much better is the new one--if anything?

This has always been a team, as far as I can assess anyway, that had more heart than money.

Cheers.

If you search 'east fife fc' the first result, on google at least, has an aerial photo plus a map.

It's the usual sterile new build and it seems the fans don't like it much but they've been there almost as long as we've been at TCS so you'd think they'd get over it. Bayview was really starting to crumble. Some of the terracing was pretty unsafe. I think the glass directors box was a vanity project while the team and ground was neglected. The former chairman, Julian Danskine, is a convicted pervert.

I've got some old shots of my own so sometime soon I'll do a blog post about the club. The manager, Gary Naysmith, is a former pupil of mine.

• Agree 1

Well, Mantis, who would have thunk it?

I am also interested as to why you have such knowledge about the club and are so interested in it. I mean if you passed down Main Street in Methil these days I am sure  your first thought would be how quickly can we get through this forgotten, dilapidated town...is that true ?

I would love to see whatever items and stories you have and if you are into touch with Gary , the Manager, please send him my best wishes for more success and you can also mention that I will be looking forward to seeing them climb the ladder into the Premier league just like our own club. Then, if the two teams were to meet , I would really be ...TORN.  :clapoverhead:ARGH!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Well, Mantis, who would have thunk it?

I am also interested as to why you have such knowledge about the club and are so interested in it. I mean if you passed down Main Street in Methil these days I am sure  your first thought would be how quickly can we get through this forgotten, dilapidated town...is that true ?

I would love to see whatever items and stories you have and if you are into touch with Gary , the Manager, please send him my best wishes for more success and you can also mention that I will be looking forward to seeing them climb the ladder into the Premier league just like our own club. Then, if the two teams were to meet , I would really be ...TORN.  :clapoverhead:ARGH!

I'm just your average Scottish football fan Scarlet. It's quite a small world.

Och, Mantis ...there is nothing average about you.

You are my hero since you are the gentleman responsible for telling me about Caley Thistle Online these many years ago. Never shall we forget that hallowed day when I woke up to the reality of life and on your advice joined this august club of fellow travellers.

Remember the (wartime?) song--"You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine. You Make me Happy When Skys Are Grey...."

Yes! :notworthy: :wave::ictscarf: