CTO 2015 - redesign

Scotty

The new version of the software we use for the site was just released to license holders as a 'beta'. It has been a long time coming (over a year) and it is likely it will take many weeks or perhaps months to go from beta to final release version(s). We will of course be updating CTO to use this new version and it will likely take a few months to get the look and feel right so we are loosely targeting the end of this season or perhaps more likely, the beginning of next to try and get everything in place. 

As usual, our mods will have access to the development/test site we use but I also want to invite a few 'normal' users to help with testing, to make suggestions for new features or forums, or simply to comment on what works or doesn't work from both a technical and aesthetic point of view as we go along.

The test site is pretty blank right now and there are a fair few software bugs I have already found, and which the software vendors appear to be squashing, but if you are interested, and have enough tech savvy to be able to navigate a beta-test site and not just start posting "it doesnt work" messages then let me know in this thread and I will get back to you with access details. I am going to limit access to a reasonably small number (not sure how many yet) so if you bring anything special in terms of experience with IPB, DBs, MySQL, PHP etc to the table let me know as that may be even more helpful over the long run ....