Interview with Kenny Cameron

CaleyD

I suggest that everybody has a read through this. It should hit home just how successful a club that we are. We will always be a small fish in a big pond and have to be a selling club to boot. But get the behind the scenes vision and structure working - as it clearly is - and the on the pitch may be a struggle at times but fer fecks sake let's enjoy what is happening in the here and now. Having said that I feel that our roller coaster ride has given us considerably more highs than lows.

• Agree 2

People wondered why I was so scathing about who I called the Negativateers ( as opposed to Musketeers ).  Well you don't have to be much of a visionary to understand the whole concept of what ICT is all about, it is doing the best you can with the limited resources available and that was precisely why I got so angry when the rumpus started over the enlistment of John Hughes. No real thought seemed to have gone into many of the comments made at that time and certainly there was very little patience shown towards the style of play that he envisaged and has now implemented so well with a squad he believes in. It is testament to him that other clubs are now trying to emulate our style of play.( albeit as yet a very poor facsimile on their part ) 

Mr Cameron, a true visionary, obviously saw in John the man to take our Club forward and still keep us from falling into the debt trap. How right Mr Cameron has been in his wisdom of choice and how right he is in his leadership of the Club, We have a lot to thank him for.

As our remarkable Chairman has outlined in this article, the club has, with only one real glitch, progressed surely since it's conception and with his continued leadership and the backing and faith of the supporters there is no reason why higher achievement will not be forthcoming.

Aye  Immortal H. Ender the Roller Coaster will continue and YES  let's enjoy what is happening.

• Agree 3

Having spent the last 8 seasons on the Toronto FC rollercoaster as well as 20 years on the ICT one, I can definitely say the ICT one is a more satisfying experience with many more high points on it despite all the money, the 22K stadium, and the 'star' players that have been trotted out here in Toronto. Watching a team that constantly tries to get as much as it can out of a meagre set of resources is way more satisfying than seeing a team spectacularly fail despite the embarrassment of riches of its owners .... 

As for Kenny Cameron, I am delighted to see him continue to get the plaudits he deserves. To be fair, many of our fans have known and commented for a long time about how effective he is in his role, but for those who doubt him or his abilities he continues to show them he is the real deal. 

• Agree 1

People wondered why I was so scathing about who I called the Negativateers ( as opposed to Musketeers ).  Well you don't have to be much of a visionary to understand the whole concept of what ICT is all about, it is doing the best you can with the limited resources available and that was precisely why I got so angry when the rumpus started over the enlistment of John Hughes. No real thought seemed to have gone into many of the comments made at that time and certainly there was very little patience shown towards the style of play that he envisaged and has now implemented so well with a squad he believes in. It is testament to him that other clubs are now trying to emulate our style of play.( albeit as yet a very poor facsimile on their part ) 

Mr Cameron, a true visionary, obviously saw in John the man to take our Club forward and still keep us from falling into the debt trap. How right Mr Cameron has been in his wisdom of choice and how right he is in his leadership of the Club, We have a lot to thank him for.

As our remarkable Chairman has outlined in this article, the club has, with only one real glitch, progressed surely since it's conception and with his continued leadership and the backing and faith of the supporters there is no reason why higher achievement will not be forthcoming.

Aye  Immortal H. Ender the Roller Coaster will continue and YES  let's enjoy what is happening.

The chairman is impressive and it is an impressive interview but I fail to see what that has to do with your aggressive stance to those many fans who had reservations about the appointment of JH.

The chairman is impressive and it is an impressive interview but I fail to see what that has to do with your aggressive stance to those many fans who had reservations about the appointment of JH.

Its nice to see a good positive post coming from within, it certainly fill you with a lot of confidence for the future and not a bad word said about anyone.

Kingsmills i was going to ignore your remarks of aggressiveness on my part, but in fairness I would ask you to go back and read the initial reports of some of the offenders they were a lot more offensive than any of mine, and some were certainly not reserved.

Besides someone #had to stand up, defend and attack the rollicking that was going on. Later these posters did temper their retorts and then used the defence of just voicing their tactical opinions. Anyway water under the bridge now the 'doubters' have been proved wrong.

• Agree 1